• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a lot of help on apex!

ssp

I have a 06 apex gt that won’t start and has 3500 miles on it. It is showing codes 11,13,23 and 84(when I bypass the tors it still doesn’t start but the code 84 goes away). I also have no power to my coils and fuel injectors. I have checked everything and still stumped. All fuses and relays are good. The engine light flashes and so does the yellow light. Changed the ecu and no change. Did an ohms test and the cranks sensor come back fine at 468. I also have power to air sensors and no hoses kinked or off. I can hear the fuel pump run fine and the relay kick on fine also installed new spark plugs. Any help would be great; I’m thinking maybe wiring harness? :o|

I just checked all the grounding blocks and they all come back fine, back to the drawling board.

If the stator was bad shouldn't I still get power to my coils and injectors with key on engine off? It also has a brand new battery in it.

Check the starter relay, mine was so corroded the copper pins inside were toast and the sockets for the fuse were gone. I have one coming on thursday

apex

It sounds like a stator to me. Sometimes resistance to you pickup is fine but spark is so weak, it will not fire. Have you gone into diagnostic mode and checked each coil is sparking and each injector is firing? I can step you through it if you want to give me a call. There is a way to test just about every sensor and component. 607-329-8676.

I did check all the relays they where all good and all had 12.5 volts except one of them didn't have any power and it's the second one in from outside, is this ok? Thanks so much for all the help so far and henseljg2 I'll give you a call next week when I get back from a snowmobile trip in the U.P. Sad day leaving the Yamaha at home and using the back up sled.

its probably the crank sensor, or stator,i had to replace mine at 7, 000 miles, i believe it was throwing the 11 code but i am not positive. stator tested good but crank sensor was bad, had to replace stator because its all one piece with crank sensor.

Update on what's going on with the sled now. I broke down bought a new stator and now all codes are gone and have spark and fuel again but still won't start. It acts like it wants to and backfires every so often. It really wants to start if I hold it 1/4 throttle but won't. Any more ideas?

ssp said:
Update on what's going on with the sled now. I broke down bought a new stator and now all codes are gone and have spark and fuel again but still won't start. It acts like it wants to and backfires every so often. It really wants to start if I hold it 1/4 throttle but won't. Any more ideas?

If it was severely flooded you might have washed all the cylinders of oil?

Trying squirting a little bit in each cylinder then try it again.

Good luck. ;)!

As kidastra asked is new stator and crank sensor oem? Very important as most aftermarket specs for sensor is off by very little but makes a world of difference! I know from experience. Most likely you can file open the mounting bracket bolt holes for crank sensor and get it a little closer to stator like 3/4 of a millimetre and she'll fire right up. It took me some hair pulling time but I finally opened up and put old sensor back in and measured distance and then new non oem one in and noted the small discrepancy. Little filing and back together and very first click of ignition and good to go!

Back