• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a lot of help on apex!

when it wont start see if injectors are also dropping out unplug injector put testlight in series on plug light should flash when turning over also backprob ground side of coil see if light flashes on and off if not looseing crank referance some how .

If you're sled is getting a few years on it, chances are you are dealing with some corrosion issues within the harness. Some connectors aren't quite weather tight and a little corrosion can cause some major gremlins.
I can't remember off the top of my head what color it is, but the last wire I had causing a similar issue was on one of the small wires to the main relay block (where the battery cable connects). There's a white 4 position plug, and one of the wires was getting lose in the connector and a small amount of corrosion was starting.
Also there's a few small black junction "blocks" on the harness where several wires are connected and covered with a black cap. Some of those wires had a bit of corrosion as well.
Ultimately I went through my entire harness with a small set of paint gun cleaning brushes, electrical cleaner and dielectric grease. Haven't had any issues in the few years since.
Just a thought...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

SSP, have you had any luck on solving your problem?

I would eliminate the ground blocks all together. I know you've checked them, but grounding issues suck they do funky things especially to your mind.....
X2 I would open the harness up in the two (I think?) locations and physicaly inspect. There has been plenty of these with this issue! I had one of my friends sleds with this problem!

Call that brain dead move of the year then, I didn't even look at the date. It popped up in my active thread notification for some reason, so I thought I'd ask. Duh...

Update:
Tore into the wire harness yesterday and found one of the front ground blocks to be corroded . Took apart , removed corrosion , put back together , cleared the codes, and fired it up. No codes returned and it's good to go.
Thanks for the advice and sharing your experiences. Thought I would pass this along and maybe help out the next guy.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Great to hear working well. Just as we gave up. Yamadoo

Back