• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help

Not sure if yours has the same issue. But I found the wiring harness chaffed at the left front motor mount.
On the left front motor mount bracket, there is a "knub" that sticks out. Over time the wiring harness can relax down and sit on this knub, and allow the knub to wear through the harness causing at short to ground.
I ended up cutting the knub off with hacksaw blade and filing the bracket smooth. Then repaired and resecured the wiring harness.
If you look behind the primary clutch at the left front motor mount, you can see where the casting knub sticks out.

Bill

No. If I recall correctly there is a charging circuit and and an ignition circuit in the stator. You can however, do resistance checks on each stator circuit.

Test the stator, check all connections, inspect all wiring for chaffing, inspect ignition coils for arcing, measure all resistances on ignition coils, replace spark plugs. If all that checks to spec, then you got a fuel or air leakage problem.

Back