• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need serious help!!

So, I got the new cover. It fits on beautifully as you would expect. I stuck a wired scope attached to my phone through the reverse hole. It looks good. I don't know what to say. What are the torque specs for the cover?

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 56
IDK Mr. Sled. I must admit that when I had the chaincase cover off in the fall, I never looked at the magnets, but having said that, I have never looked at the magnets.
Should clean the crud off the magnets any time the cover is open. I recall seeing a Biker Mike video on YouTube showing some wear on the inside of chain case due to crud on the magnets, so I always clean them when it's open.
. The wear you experienced are right where the magnets sit, it has to be related to the magnets.
Screenshot_20231222-183546-004.png

Yeah, I hear you on that, however, I cant imagine a little debris on the magnets would wear through the chaincase. Magnets came out of the holder for some reason. Sled is back together. Will report back after a few hundred miles after I take it apart.

Yeah, I hear you on that, however, I cant imagine a little debris on the magnets would wear through the chaincase. Magnets came out of the holder for some reason. Sled is back together. Will report back after a few hundred miles after I take it apart.
Sounds good. Keep us posted.

Just wondering if the spacer was not installed? Isn't that right where the wear was?

magnets just press in rubber, not 1st time. Clean them and everything in chain case thoroughly when you service it or the metal from wearing parts in chain case stick to magnets and cuts through cover. Covers aluminum wearing parts are steel. Makes nice grinder at 100MPH!

Glad to hear it. Put 'er back together and find some more snow!

Yep, still good as new.

Back