• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need unstudding track opinion please

Good to know i took out my tunnel protectors on my nytro and if i cant afford a new track by season at least i know i can remove them

Woodys says to always fill the hole or tear out. You will weaken the track at every hole location. It would be better to leave them in and cut them down. Ride over a little rock in the power lines, it opens a tiny tear, then it gets bigger etc.

I just got off the phone with a tech at Woody's. I explained to him there was no tear outs or damage and the studs were in no more than 1,000 miles. He said he does not see any problem running my track with the holes...

I wonder why they print otherwise?

No big deal - In the Northeast it is hard to get by without picks anyway. Too many varied rough conditions and hills. For the same reasons we don't run with holes in our tracks. If all we did is ride on the sweet groomed highways in Pittsburg, picks and holes probably wouldn't matter.

Thanks for your input. The trails I ride look mostly like this... LOL

P1010540.JPG

Back