• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW MODEL IN FEB 2010?

morrisond said:
Take it for what's it worth, but I heard from someone who was talking to someone who is in the know, that there is a new sled, it is 4 cyl, and it is 180hp Naturally Aspirated...that's all they would say and knew. They knew nothing about the chasis

Sounds like the pre-cross plane 4 Valve R1 Engine.

its not the crossplane. its the 16v 07-08 style r1 motor.

and im thinking the chassis is new cause the vector now is the apex chassis.

Sure seems to make sense, put a current production MC engine in it and a new chassis. Save a ton of development money and keep the breed alive! Kinda like they did originally with the RX1.

I'll buy one.

PS: Don't tell my wife!

Wig

Yamaha205 said:
copo427ss said:
its not the crossplane.
:o|

ive posted on this before. think about it. yamaha completely redesigned the r1 engine for 07. it was a new 16 valve motor, chip controlled intake and throttle. it put out almost 180hp at the crank stock. they only ran this engine for 07-08. then 09 came the crossplane. now all the money spent in r&d and tooling to make this engine, do you really think yamaha is gonna throw that all away now that they have the crossplane? i dont think so. the 07-08 engine is a very strong motor. its lighter than the older 20v engines, can pull more rpm, and had a broader powerband because of the ycc-i. and i cant see yamaha dicontinuing an engine that had zero problems with it or recalls after only 2 years of production. this i believe will be the new apex motor as well as the new fz-1 bike motor. now add the yamcharger to that configeration and you got a bulletproof 200hp engine in a new chassis with suspension that we can only hope actually works this time, to embarrass the competition.

Back