• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New MTN Ski

I am digging these on my new B-TX, they float well in the large dump we got last weekend. Only issue is they hold like a gallon of water once you bring sled into shop. Any tips to get water to drain? Also as confirmed by Port Yamaha they are only 1" adjustable from 40-41" I have mine at 41" right now center of carbide bolts.

I;m going ot buy a set to put on my 15 yammi. 110 a piece from the dealer. Does the older style ski loop mount to the 18 ski?

Do these mountain skis have dual runners? Can't seem to find a picture or profile specs for them anywhere.

Standard 8LP ski from 2018 VK pro
Took mine off and went back to 8FN so 11 skins and carbide options were able to be used
All that was available for 8LP was oem carbides,

Thanks guys. What is the keel size and are the skis flat, or have a bit of an arch to them? Reason I ask is, I'm looking for a ski that has better flotation, a deep wide keel, and a bit of an arch to them. And you can't tell much from the picture and cant seem to find them in stock at a showroom anywhere.

I am digging these on my new B-TX, they float well in the large dump we got last weekend. Only issue is they hold like a gallon of water once you bring sled into shop. Any tips to get water to drain? Also as confirmed by Port Yamaha they are only 1" adjustable from 40-41" I have mine at 41" right now center of carbide bolts.

Drill a small 1/32 inch hole in all the ski Pockets that hold water. The ski will drain out nicely when you bring the sled in the shop we've been doing it for years on all our sleds. We also do the same thing on the skid plates they like to hold a lot of water as well.

Can anyone provide me with the overall width of this actual ski? Ive been told 6-5/8, 7, and 7.5. Looking to possibly switch my tuners out for these and run some 6” woodys ace. Any input and pics would be much appreciated!!

Can anyone provide me with the overall width of this actual ski? Ive been told 6-5/8, 7, and 7.5. Looking to possibly switch my tuners out for these and run some 6” woodys ace. Any input and pics would be much appreciated!!
The Sidewinder mtx skis are 6.75" wide

Drill a small 1/32 inch hole in all the ski Pockets that hold water. The ski will drain out nicely when you bring the sled in the shop we've been doing it for years on all our sleds. We also do the same thing on the skid plates they like to hold a lot of water as well.
How are these skis on the trail are they predictable? is there any darting?is the steering effort hard?

I got a set to try out. Did not get enough saddle time on them. Only got one good ride on them and little adjustment time. Reason I bought them was because of the flotation and the large keel that they have. First impression was the floataion. It's excellent. But I guess anything wider than the tuner 3 is noticeably better. As far as predictability, they are great. With my other setup they handled well in the corners and I didn't experience any darting. Steering was easy.
I think for my riding style they will work just fine once I get them dialed in with my suspension setup.

Any sources for confirmed carbide fitment?
Woody's offers both the traditional Trail Blazer 6" and Executive 8" as well as both sizes in the new deeper keel square "Ace" runners for the new Mountain Ski.

How are these skis on the trail are they predictable? is there any darting?is the steering effort hard?

I ride 95% off Trail, In the conditions I ride in I think they're very predictable. Based off of the sled in your profile picture I'm sure we ride totally different and I'm not the guy to answer your question on a trail predictability.

Back