• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New RX1 owner

Slickmick9514

Questions on cooling. Had the dealer go through the sled before I used it. Trail conditions are not great right now, hard packed and icey. Had some overheat issues with my first time out. Not planning to do anything for this season, but am planning to add the rear heat exchanger this summer/off season. Dealer reccomended the rear heat exchanger. Didn't know to ask aboit the Apex mod till I got home and found this forum. Been reading the sticky on the mod and am sure I could do it from memory at this point.

Should I do the Apex fan & front heat exchanger mod too? Or instead? Can I do both? If both are done do I have to worry about too much cooling?

Thanks.

The radiator/fan is much cheaper and also more effective than the rear cooler. (also lighter) Do that FIRST! You won't have any overheating issues once you have that in place. The rear cooler doesn't do much if anything on hard pack trails, you still need snow/ice tossed into it. (which if you had to start with, you wouldn't need additional cooling!!)

What kind of conditions were you riding in? I have only seen the high temp light once and I was riding in a mud/snow mix and it was 35 degrees out. Just curious. Could it be possible you might have air in the system?

Back