• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me XTX

Vandelay Industries

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX
Just picked up a 2013 xtx in mint shape. What if anything should I watch out for? What are some must do mods for the nytro?
20150328_110441.jpg

Pay attention to the tunnel they ice up alot Grizz has a fix for this he posted a good picture and description to eliminate most of it. you have a nice looking sled

Front a arm bushings, factory uses plastic ones that wear out very fast. Oil lite is the way to go, local yamaha dealer will carry them. After about 3-4k miles the exhaust donuts will disintegrate and need to be replaced. Sledtoyz is a canadian dealer that sells copper replacements that will last a lot longer.

Other things to do will be personal preference and you'll discover that with miles of seat time.

I see you live in nb, I live in Norhern NS, what a winter, we have at least a 4' base left and just recieved about 10cm last night. I have never seen this much snow everywhere this late in the season! Enjoy

Funny, I already have the donuts and bushings. Bought them for my RX-1. Sold it before I got a chance to install. Most of them should fit. Will just have some extras I guess.
Yeah, lots of snow this year. Should be good for awhile yet. Daytime temps are making it pretty soft though. Was out yesterday and trenching pretty good everywhere. Hard as a rock early morning. Go then if you like overheating and melted slides. Ha

If you tighten your limiter strap one notch it will help a lot with the trenching. Only problem is that puts more pressure on the skis.

Drive it how it is and make changes from there. Loads of info on this site to help you when you need to change something. I would definitely put duponts on and possibly larger wheels. I would also put smaller rollers in the clutch and or a softer engagement spring in the primary to get the engagement down to around 3k. Yhe NYTRO is so much easier to drive with lower engagement. Enjoy. I really like mine.

Must haves,

Tunnel protector block off plate or sheet.
Oilite front bushings.
Float plate for the front end.

The rest is all preference. Ride it and make up your mind what you want it to do.

Funny, I already have the donuts and bushings. Bought them for my RX-1. Sold it before I got a chance to install. Most of them should fit. Will just have some extras I guess.
Yeah, lots of snow this year. Should be good for awhile yet. Daytime temps are making it pretty soft though. Was out yesterday and trenching pretty good everywhere. Hard as a rock early morning. Go then if you like overheating and melted slides. Ha

I pulled my front limiter straps up one hole. Helps with ride and handling and gave me more ski pressure, which was what I wanted.

I added the TRIC cable ice scratchers that mount to the sway bar end links. They help a lot in hard and icy conditions, and work best I found for the NYTRO because of its lack of tunnel heat exchangers. Haven't overheated or melted any slides since installing them. however the 10-15cm of fresh snow on today's 90 mile trip didn't need scratchers.

I'm not sure why some have overheating issues. After the ride I was on the other day I can't see why anyone else's would overheat. Put about 50 miles on Thursday with low to almost no snow in some spots. Sled ran perfect. The only thing I spied was right at the tip up I had a little bit of slider wear could see a little bit of black on the rails. For the conditions we were in I was impresed.

As for upgrades the oft relocate, mountaintech skidplate are the more popular upgrades. Dupont sliders as well although all I've ever run is the cheap ones and had good luck. Larger wheels and more wheels on the skid are also quite common upgrades.

Just ride it and see for yourself. Different things bother different people. I for one have not had to do many mods to get it to handle good. Took a lot of tuning but finally got it really good! I never did the oft relocate that most say is a must and have zero issues with steering effort. That's with strap pulled up one hole and a lot of spring pre load. Did 305 miles in one day and was ready for more. So, ride it and see.

Then tunnel block off plate I made was the only mod. The build up of ice is pretty bad without so that may be something to consider.

Nice sled! Enjoy!

Just ride it and see for yourself. Different things bother different people. I for one have not had to do many mods to get it to handle good. Took a lot of tuning but finally got it really good! I never did the oft relocate that most say is a must and have zero issues with steering effort. That's with strap pulled up one hole and a lot of spring pre load. Did 305 miles in one day and was ready for more. So, ride it and see.

Then tunnel block off plate I made was the only mod. The build up of ice is pretty bad without so that may be something to consider.

Nice sled! Enjoy!
I am with Joe. No OFT kit , no STAR kit here. A little clutch and suspension tuning and it rides,steers and handles great.

Back