• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to Nytro, need some advice on first mod...

Gates93 said:
Acceleration is my first priority.
Thanks.

If you are looking for acceleration then I repeat "clutch it". Making more power is great but it makes more sense to me to put the existing power to the ground more efficiently. All the other opinions about skis and suspensions and stuff are great, I'm just going by your original post. As far as the best mod I've done to my XTX, it is by far the Hygear valving and springs. Big bucks but huge bang.

To achieve the best acceleration, you need traction. This can be accomplished by changing out the track for a better performing one or simply by adding studs to the track.

After your first ride, you may want to move performance down the list in place of warmth. Here are some of the mods I felt obligated to do to my 09 XTX

1. Hand warmers: The stock ones SUCK! Plan on installing a Yamaheater booster module, or at least gauntlets.
2. Windshield: If you ride for prolonged periods at higher speeds, you may want to upgrade to a more substantive windshield.
3. Ice scratchers or extra wheels: XTX's are notorious for quickly wearing down the front of the hyfax.
4. Note that there is NO storage on these things, and the rear exhaust precludes putting much of anything behind the seat. Unless you want to carry it all on your back, think about a tank or saddle bag.
5. Wider front skis: Particularly if you ride in powder, a 4 stroke sled carries a lot more weight in the front than a 2 stroke. Even the Yamaha mountain skis are a huge improvement over the skinny stock skis.
6. Suspension: There are plenty of posts on here about challenges with the suspension on these. In my case, I ended up with the Goldilocks problem--it was either too hard or too soft. For this season I had all the shocks rebuilt by Hygear, and put in their torsion spring spacers.

NOW, you can start thinking about upping the horsepower!

thanks guys for all the replies.
First of all, no I don't have 4k$ to spend so forget about turbos.
Looks like clutching it and putting a Hiflow manifold would work good. Ulmer told me about that manifold.
Already have the extra wheel kit, the snowtracker runners, high windshield and studs. So the only thing left to deal with would be the hand warmers.
Who can help with fixing the hand warmers?

you wont enjoy your clutch,manifold,wheel kit,snowtrackers,high windshield or studs if you dont address the hand warmers on these things. Do it right do it once get the yamaheaters.

Back