• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New transporter cutting out 1324 Code

Got my new SX Venom today, the motor died 30min after leaving home! My wife was on it. Got the 1324 code also..
Towed it home, would crank but no start. Removed the plug and it was fouled in oil... Did a small compression test, 90 psi.
Cleaned the plug and it fired back again on first crank. Very happy with my new sled!!

Funny they never had this issue during the demo rides. Makes me think changes were made afterward, like changing vendors within their supply chain.

I thought these motors were being made in St. Cloud. If that's the case, you would think they would be monitoring their QC more closely. It's not like having a motor built in China where it's not as easy to keep tabs on what's happening during the build process.

This is a liquid-cooled, fuel injected 2T motor correct? Is it also oil injected or does it require pre-mix?

Is this a lean issue? What are people finding when they take the motor apart? Is Yamaha/Cat being tight-lipped about the problem?

Doesn't leave a lot of consumer confidence with this many bad motors, that's for sure.

These are liquid cooled, fuel and oil injected.
In my case the dealer found a scorched sleeve and piston after only 30 km.
They are changing both of them AND the injector which they suspect being faulty... They are telling me a lot of these are still running around without any problems...

They are telling me a lot of these are still running around without any problems
Really? How many were made? 1,000? 2,000? If the Canadian numbers are true, that would make the failure rate at 1,000 units 40%. Knowing how small the sled market is, and given that Cat (and presumably Yamaha) have gone to a pre-order business model, do you really think they built more than 1,000 units (Blast & Venom combined)? Even if we put the production number at 2,000 units, they still have a failure rate of 20% ... not including those failed units sold in the States or elsewhere.

My transporter also just blew up. 160kms on it. At the dealer hopefully get it back in time to sell.

I’m done with Yamaha. $13k with tax (Canadian) and I haven’t even been able to ride yet.

walked home from both of my snowmobile rides this year.

Does anyone have more then 500kms on a new transporter and it hasn’t blown up?

Hopefully all these 2 stroke issues will make Yamaha reconsider and next year they put the phazer engine in venom! I still think they would have sold a ton of them if it had the phazer engine.

Hmmm....may be a fun summer project for me.

Hopefully all these 2 stroke issues will make Yamaha reconsider and next year they put the phazer engine in venom! I still think they would have sold a ton of them if it had the phazer engine.

Hmmm....may be a fun summer project for me.
It’s quality,calibration and testing issues. While I love my Phazer I love the simplicity ,weight and handling of Venom. I can’t see that being accomplished with a engine swap.

I checked with dealers for Yam & Cat about these engines 400cc 2-strokes and of course they say all good and blame guys running them wide open and pinned too long ?!
I’m going to drop $15K to find out I’m part of an experiment?!
Anybody able to get the service tech side of this ?
Cheers

I checked with dealers for Yam & Cat about these engines 400cc 2-strokes and of course they say all good and blame guys running them wide open and pinned too long ?!
Cheers
I spoke directly to Cat Tech at factory. It is important to get rpm down to 7600 or less. If getting code 1324 which is knock sensor you are to ZipTie the Bendix so it doesnt come out and hit Ring Gear while riding. Thats it.

Cheers
Buy the Yamaha extended warranty if really worried. 3 years or more piece of mind. no deductible.

I was told by a dealer they’re not offering extended warranty on this model?

Does anyone have more then 500kms on a new transporter and it hasn’t blown up?
I'm at 230kms and hoping it'll blow up before my warranty is up! I'd like to look into the extended warranty.

Back