• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New version of Trail Tank?

BADSLED

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro MC Xpress 270
2011 Apex SE
2021 Sidewinder LTX SE - SOLD
Looking for feedback on the new version of trail tank with zeus fasteners. Is the fit and finish improved over the previous revisions? How is the cowel fastener alignment to the tank?

trailtank

this new version goes in easy enough but I am having a hell of a time getting the cowling attached to it. The directions call for you to use a screwdriver to get the 1/4 turn fasteners to attach at first. I still cant get one of them to attach I haven't tried the bottom one that attach the side panels yet I am waiting for my lower
A-arms to come back from skins.

I could get mine installed with lots of pushing but once I went to put the gas tank cover back on I was still 1 inch short to line up with the holes. Stopped right there and took it off and put the stock tank back on.

It fit bad at first but after filling tank with gas it definitely expanded a bit and fits nice now. I was about to put stock back on as well, glad I didn't.

mpi xtx said:
I could get mine installed with lots of pushing but once I went to put the gas tank cover back on I was still 1 inch short to line up with the holes. Stopped right there and took it off and put the stock tank back on.

How well does the plastic that fits over the gas cap fit? Does it line up with the holes on the hoop? I was 1 inch away at best???

mpi xtx said:
mpi xtx said:

How well does the plastic that fits over the gas cap fit? Does it line up with the holes on the hoop? I was 1 inch away at best???

same here im one inch off at best, im lucky my sled is black so i had the trail tank sanded and painted gloss black (same color as the rest of my plastics, looks alot nicer now.

that was a bit off as well. I think I may have drilled mine out a bit to make it fit better. In the end it is worth the bs. I went up to the UP a few day s ago and it was nice to have the extra fuel. real nice! Make sure that you use both gaskets! The old one and the new black one!

I heard that if you paint the trail tank it would bubble off because the gas vapor would seep through the plastic. Let me know how that goes for you. I wanted to do the same

My new style tank went in pretty good. like to see them come with wire extention for the fuel gauge. Thare right about the fasteners you have to use a screwdriver and wonder if you are stripping them but everything pulled together to a good fit. ;)!

My new style tank went in pretty good. like to see them come with wire extention for the fuel gauge. Thare right about the fasteners you have to use a screwdriver and wonder if you are stripping them but everything pulled together to a good fit. ;)!

snodogger said:

I agree about the extension. Although it took me a full season to get smart and start removing the key assembly instead of trying to unplug and plug the gauge back in.

Can you guys get the plastic over the gas cap to line up with the holes in the hoop properly? Mine was off by at least an inch and rubbed on the handle bar mount so I took it off. Anyone have any pics?

Put mine in yesterday. The only issue was stated already. The fuel sender wire extension could have been included for the price they charge or the instructions could recommend extending the wires 2 inches while you have it sitting on the bench. I would have extended the wires myself but once bolted in I didn't want to take it back out. So mine fit good but extend the fuel sender wires when its on the bench and you should be good to go.

I followed the directions exactly as they were written and I only had the fuel sender being a little snug. Tank needs to be moved forward if your having fuel cap plastic issues. I made sure to loosen the steering hoop and move it along with checking the spark plug cap clearance and lower tank slots shoved all the way forward.

Back