• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New viper questions!

jdp1under

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 RS VECTOR GT LTX STOCK FOR NOW!
Hi guys haven't posted on this side yet I'm usually on the vector website. here's the situation I currently have a 2010 vector LTX I have an opportunity to buy a 2014 Sr viper with two thousand miles on it for 5500. Few questions what are thoughts on the price also will this be a big upgrade for my current machine I do love the vector. But I'm looking for something more nimble little better in the trails I'm 225 lb in ans an aggressive Rider.
Thx jdp

This is a tough one to answer. I can say right now no matter how you ride the front end of Viper is just awesome handling and suspension wise. Are you saying nimble after riding a newer Doo or Poo? Viper is not nimble in that aspect especially if you are not a big guy.

Answered perfectly! So I kind of inherited the vector at the time I had an RX one so it was a huge upgrade but in the last five years I've gotten tired of the vectors overall heavy feel front to back. I really got it dialed in for the most part but the front end is super heavy. We ride 90% trails I take that thing off trail and rarely get stuck so if I can handle that I'm sure the viper would be a big upgrade. what do you guys think about the price and also is there any way for me to determine the starting issue when I go to look at it? Other than that starting issue I don't see many problems with these. Thanks for the reply! Jp

Answered perfectly! So I kind of inherited the vector at the time I had an RX one so it was a huge upgrade but in the last five years I've gotten tired of the vectors overall heavy feel front to back. I really got it dialed in for the most part but the front end is super heavy. We ride 90% trails I take that thing off trail and rarely get stuck so if I can handle that I'm sure the viper would be a big upgrade. what do you guys think about the price and also is there any way for me to determine the starting issue when I go to look at it? Other than that starting issue I don't see many problems with these. Thanks for the reply! Jp
I love jumping my Viper. Front to back it is perfectly balanced unlike a Vector or Nytro. In that aspect you will be amazed when the bumps get big. What starting issue does this sled have you are looking at?

what I mean by the starting issues is I've looked around online and that seems to be the major complaint is that the 14s had some issues whith starting. Kickback ect

Price. There is always a better deal out there. Who cares. Life is short. If you are happy when you buy it just enjoy it and stop looking. 2000mi its barely broke in but is on verge of inspecting everything and going through and cleaning/greasing all bearings. Shocks too. Dont forget about them.

what I mean by the starting issues is I've looked around online and that seems to be the major complaint is that the 14s had some issues whith starting. Kickback ect
A new flash just came out. Its free. Visit your local Yamaha dealer and get it updated. Make sure the battery is 100% at all times.

A new flash just came out. Its free. Visit your local Yamaha dealer and get it updated. Make sure the battery is 100% at all times.
Is this the latest greatest flash for all vipers even if you've had the last??

Is this the latest greatest flash for all vipers even if you've had the last??
Yes it is. You should read the thread about it. The last flash occasionally caused backfires that were blowing mufflers up. It's free and fast, so why not? We are hoping it makes the sled that much better for starts, and idle consistency.

Also, to JDP 1 under, I haven't spent a lot of time on a Vector, but I've put a lot of miles on my Dad's Venture and you'll love the ride quality of the Viper. The suspension seems way more active than any Yamaha I've ridden. Take the time to tune the shocks to suit you, get the flash, do the maintenance, and you will love it! The bonus of the '14s is they come with Cat skis, big money saver. I'm putting Snowtracker carbides on mine and won't have to think about them for 2 seasons.

Last edited:
$5500 for an SR Viper (any year) with 2,000 miles on it is one of the best prices I’ve seen. If the sled is in good shape, that’s a great price.

Back