• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

!!!!No Customer Service in Canada!!!!

when i inquired about the face plate my dealer told me that i can't buy just the faceplate and i had to buy the whole unit, even though it's there on a parts list..... can you confirm for me that you can order just the faceplate from a dealer in the US.. cus i will order it..

Just over a hundred bucks buys you the new face plate. If I were your dealer I would sell it to you for cost, but I wouldn't have too cause I know my Rep would try his best to help you out. Remember your sled is getting to be three years old and rubber is kind of a wearable item. I agree with you that it shouldn't have broken, but @$#& happens. I have never seen that happen to any phazer before, and certainly don't think a hundred bucks is worth lowing your standards to anything but Yamaha. lol :yam:

check ebay for a new faceplate. or check a sled junkyard there may be one you can buy cheep.

i was told that i couldn't buy just the faceplate by my dealer and yamaha canada, they both said i had to buy the fully assembled speedo for 465.00 i think it was.. it was over 400 i remember that much..

i have looked on ebay but with no luck at all. If there is a dealer on here that can order the faceplate i would buy it...

arteeex said:
I know you pay more for parts in Canada, but the price for a new faceplate with buttons in the US is about $65.

Part #8GK-W835E-00-00

if 65 in use should be like 987$ in canada :die only a little exageration here....

MulotTurbo said:
if it's 65 in USD should be like 987$ in canada :die only a little exageration here....

Apparently a lot of your money is defective, so it takes a bigger pile just to get a few good bits. I've got a one of your quarters here and it won't even work in the vending machine.

arteeex said:
MulotTurbo said:
if it's 65 in USD should be like 987$ in canada :die only a little exageration here....

Apparently a lot of your money is defective, so it takes a bigger pile just to get a few good bits. I've got a one of your quarters here and it won't even work in the vending machine.

And yours rarely work in vending machines up here ;-)

From personal experience I agree Yamaha Canada is a joke, they treat customers terrible and don't value the fact we the consumer picked their brand/product over others.

It seems Yamaha USA is so much better, how does Yamaha Canada get away over and over with terrible service.

Anybody thinking about buying a Yamaha sled in Canada do yourself a favour buy from a USA retailer save 5k and hopefully Yamaha Canada will start to treat a customer the way it should be treated.

To the OP that is silly to think about the issues you have been going thru, if the item was really not a valid warranty why didn't they tell you straight up instead of dragging it on. Yamaha Canada was hoping you would forget. Talk about lousy.

just phone port parts (site sponsor). awsome guys to deal with and he will get it usps to you.

I have had some undesirable run ins with Yamaha Canada and their warranty like others have said blows to the point where I don't even care about the warranty anymore. I will when its time to buy again import from the US and I will forfeit the warranty to save the money and just fix the little things myself. If its major like a blown engine it will be hauled south to get fixed. Yamaha Canada needs to work on their customer service, warranty and price gouging for new sleds and parts. On their warranty they try to blame it on you first. Then you have to prove to them beyond a reasonable doubt that their product did fail through no fault of your own. I shouldn't need a dealer to sneak things through and slide things here and there or call it something else to get something fixed and trust me that is what they are doing. That might be a good dealer that does that for some of their customers but its dishonest and Yamaha Canada should stand behinds its product better so dealers don't have to be dishonest to save their customers. :dunno:

Sled Dog said:
. I shouldn't need a dealer to sneak things through and slide things here and there or call it something else to get something fixed and trust me that is what they are doing. That might be a good dealer that does that for some of their customers but its dishonest and Yamaha Canada should stand behinds its product better so dealers don't have to be dishonest to save their customers. :dunno:

Rod You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, and I wish I had an answer for that one as it is Truely EmbarRassing the way Y.Cdn. responds to things verses Y.Usa. specially when we are talking about the HUGH DOLLAR difference that we have to shell out for the same product. Call it what you want but there are dealerships that will do things to make sure that their customers are treated fairly and leave happy, as losing customers in a competitive market as well as an unstable economy is pretty tough as of late. There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT that I bleed Blue here and I live and breath Yamaha every single day on and off this site. Unfortunately they make it harder and harder to be that way when I see these things going on from coast to coast, as the Dealerships, Area Reps & Area Warranty People have their hands tied at times. I doubt if it will ever change and that is ABSOLUTELY WRONG......But I LOVE THE PRODUCT and that keeps me True, and I try to avoid the politics that they bring out along the way.

Yes we need to keep this post hot, not for my own reasons, but for everyone and to send a message to yamaha canada that we as consumers are tired of shelling out big bucks for a product and getting pennies for product service and support.

I know they are following this post, as i got a response today from them, but i haven't replied because i am too irritated after this week to respond to them... I might be a single customer, and a small speck to yamaha canada. But i am a loud speck....

Back