• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not sure on what to do?? skis and adjustments

birdmayon said:
for the GYTRs, when people say almost no preload on the front shocks, or set to rattle then tighten one turn, this is with the skis on the ground, not lifted, correct? Cause when you do that and then lift the front end, the spring has a bunch of free space between itself and the adjuster nuts. Just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly so my set up is OK. THanks.

It's with the sled lifted, if you loosen off the preload too much your spring won't be held in place when there's no load on the front end. Mine looks the same.

Remove the preload on the front end. As mentioned, lot of track and studs to get it to turn. Try reducing the transfer a bit on the rear and see what happens. Due to te extra track/traction you may want to try a shaper bar, it won't likely help in the darting department but the other adjustments should. Never something as small as increasing rear skid preload could add to the front ski pressures, the sled is essentially a large teeter-totter.

Also 1600 miles is enough to toast a set of ball-joints (spherical ends) when the sled is raised to adjust the preload, check the free-play in the joints. Also a good time to check for any binding in the entire front end.

sorenson1610 said:
yamabrute said:
I have seen many posts about factory settings for limiter straps, however no posts about where factory settings are. Is it second hole from loose as possible?

Stock is the first hole
There is a 3 hole and 4 hole version of the strap depending on where/when they come from !

mewaschuk said:
sorenson1610 said:
yamabrute said:
I have seen many posts about factory settings for limiter straps, however no posts about where factory settings are. Is it second hole from loose as possible?

Stock is the first hole
There is a 3 hole and 4 hole version of the strap depending on where/when they come from !

Didn't know that, which end is the extra hole? Tighter or looser

sorenson1610 said:
mewaschuk said:
sorenson1610 said:
yamabrute said:

Stock is the first hole

Didn't know that, which end is the extra hole? Tighter or looser
tighter i believe.

Back