• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ns1 gauges

Here is first pics

Attachments

• 20211220_105338_copy_1000x467_1.jpg
    20211220_105338_copy_1000x467_1.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 20211220_114056_copy_1000x467_1.jpg
    20211220_114056_copy_1000x467_1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 20211220_114103_copy_467x1000_1.jpg
    20211220_114103_copy_467x1000_1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 275

looks good. the GPS detail you talk about, do you mean map detail?

looks good. the GPS detail you talk about, do you mean map detail?
right now i am a very large arrow on a tiny detail map, i cannot see roads when i zoom in, it is all just blank. Like i said, im sure it is just a setting

With any luck, i should be able to use this tablet to control my 12v heated gear, send music to my helmet headset and hopefully next year run my TD flasher!!!! It has a camera as well, so i should be able to use it for pics of shelters to put in waypoints as well as take some group pics. If i take off my windshield, i can use it as a go-pro even lol.

Been playing with this, there was an update today that fixed the zoom on the map, so that works pretty good now. I've installed the gap flasher app to see if that would run and it appears that it will work (I don't have a flasher yet). But I think the coolest thing so far is I have run a split screen using a gps app called GAIA.

My first test out was not great, it was - 35C and the screen was flashing a thermal warning, it didn't help that I was playing in powder and ended up covering the screen in snow. I'll be going out on Sunday for a decent ride, should know more then. But for now here is a pic of the split screen

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211231-092305_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211231-092305_Gallery.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 217
I bought one this year, done maybe a dozen rides so far. I got gpstrailmasters for here in Maine, I like the mapping and the gauge works good as well. I'd like to see some more modern style gauge designs. It's cheaper then the Garmin cat unit and the copitrail. I haven't figured out how to hook up buttons yet so I can scroll through screen and zoom map from handlebar, hoping that works then I'll be pretty happy with it really. Can still get in windshield bag and goggle holder.

i like it, the huge gps screen is hard to do without now that im use to it. i havent gotten my flasher cable yet to verify if that works, but bluetooth to helmet speakers works decent. my handlebar button toggles the trip counters, but havent played a whole bunch with that yet, ive been focusing on my clutching and high fuel consumption lately

i definately cannot put my goggle bag in tho, the wiring hangs down there and blocks it, maybe i installed it upside down?

i like it, the huge gps screen is hard to do without now that im use to it. i havent gotten my flasher cable yet to verify if that works, but bluetooth to helmet speakers works decent. my handlebar button toggles the trip counters, but havent played a whole bunch with that yet, ive been focusing on my clutching and high fuel consumption lately

i definately cannot put my goggle bag in tho, the wiring hangs down there and blocks it, maybe i installed it upside down?

Ya the plug hits the bag but didn't interfere enough to stop me from using it. I thought same thing about upside down but definitely no way you can install so plug is up. Do you remember which wires you spliced into ? I tried the blue and gray I believe, I disconnected them and tried that but didn't work and lost high beams. I was in a hurry so I haven't tried again not sure if I need to disconnect or splice into them instructions are a little vague. I did turn it on in the tablet settings.

Ya the plug hits the bag but didn't interfere enough to stop me from using it. I thought same thing about upside down but definitely no way you can install so plug is up. Do you remember which wires you spliced into ? I tried the blue and gray I believe, I disconnected them and tried that but didn't work and lost high beams. I was in a hurry so I haven't tried again not sure if I need to disconnect or splice into them instructions are a little vague. I did turn it on in the tablet settings.
You spliced wires? I didn't splice anything lol. I'm going to have to look at the instructions closer I guess

You spliced wires? I didn't splice anything lol. I'm going to have to look at the instructions closer I guess

Well it looked like it was an optional button, it lets you scroll through the 5 screens and zoom in and out on map from handlebar.

Being a tablet what happens when it gets cold and the battery won’t take charge. Do you have bring it in over night. Does the sled run if it gets cold and shuts down

Being a tablet what happens when it gets cold and the battery won’t take charge. Do you have bring it in over night. Does the sled run if it gets cold and shuts down

I've been taking mine off, it takes like 30 seconds to take it off. It holds a charge for quite a while, it does say not to leave it hooked up as could drain main battery. Sled runs without the thing even hooked up. I've had the low temp battery warning twice, just hit ok and kept on working.

I have been using the NS1 for 5 or 6 years. I bring mine in after riding and plug into the charger on my desk. It will drain itself dead if it is left in the cold without being charged. I have charged it in the garage while leaving it on the sled as well. I started bringing it in the house when I learned the sled runs without it.

Back