• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nyro Fuel Gauge Bars

It depends on the snow conditions with how much gas you burn. I have gotten as bad as 130 km on a tank in my nytro but there was about 6-8 inches of snow on all trails. I have also gotten as good as 172km of fast trail running as well. I installed doo gas can and I dont worry about gas at all anymore. WHile I dont think the nytros are super easy on gas, I dont consider them hard on gas when you consider the small tank they have.

I consistently run around that 19 mpg. Cdn. That's running fast and hard on groomed trail with up to 6 inches of fresh snow. I can run 100 miles on a tank but just for safety's sake I fill up when I can.

Running in pure powder it drops some bout not a whole lot. At home I fill up at the tanks at home so I don't have as good of comparison for that.

Yes the etecs are good on fuel, but dont forget their tanks are 40 litres, so they are way bigger than the nytro.

I could get similar mileage on my stock tank before the bars started to drop as well. If my memory serves me correct, the light would come on with still 7 litres left in the tank - which is a lot relative to the tank size imo. I would pull the sleeve and ram the fuel in only to have 1/2 litre go out the overflow.

Spent the money on a Trail Tank this year and wow it has made a difference. After nearly running out a few times last year way up north and showing up at the gas station with only 3 litres in the tank I'd had enough.

I ran a 191km loop this past weekend and still had 7 litres left in the tank at fill up (snow conditions were packed hard so it was ideal conditions for mileage). With that tank, the Nytro can easily keep pace if not out run any big machine with a Trail Tank.

The problem with the 28 litre tank is - I found max range was around 175km. So at 140km you were already heading for your fuel stop. It really jams the day, and sometimes has you going way out of your way to fill up.

MS

My fuel light came on at 90kms this weekend. I was doing mostly lake riding, went to another lake through the bush ice fishing and one fairly short high performance blast playing in the powder. I thought that was kind of bad....with full Hindle, pc5, Hurricane map. I haven't filled it up yet to measure how many litres vs how many kms, but believe me I will.

Sevey said:
Yes the etecs are good on fuel, but dont forget their tanks are 40 litres, so they are way bigger than the nytro.

I could get similar mileage on my stock tank before the bars started to drop as well. If my memory serves me correct, the light would come on with still 7 litres left in the tank - which is a lot relative to the tank size imo. I would pull the sleeve and ram the fuel in only to have 1/2 litre go out the overflow.

Spent the money on a Trail Tank this year and wow it has made a difference. After nearly running out a few times last year way up north and showing up at the gas station with only 3 litres in the tank I'd had enough.

I ran a 191km loop this past weekend and still had 7 litres left in the tank at fill up (snow conditions were packed hard so it was ideal conditions for mileage). With that tank, the Nytro can easily keep pace if not out run any big machine with a Trail Tank.

The problem with the 28 litre tank is - I found max range was around 175km. So at 140km you were already heading for your fuel stop. It really jams the day, and sometimes has you going way out of your way to fill up.

MS

Did you order your trail tank from them on the internet or were you able to find a retailer in ontario?

Got some real world numbers yesterday against some others. We're in deep snow right now, with a lot of mountain climbs and really working for the hills. If we hit a lake we're blasting across it.

157km yesterday (GPS) and I burnt 30L. 19.11 l/100 or 12.3mpg Best in the group and I'm not easy on the throttle. Second place was an 800 etec (32L) and I know I ride harder than him. There was also a 1200 doo that used 32L. couple of 800 assults used around 34 - One of which was rode hard, but probably didnt do as many climbs as myself. There was a turbo cat 1000 with us, but I didnt get his numbers. Oh and an f7, that also used 30L, but that was just one buddies GF who was out to watch us play mostly, so it's flapper didnt see the bar often.

I can get 160km out of my xtx, and that's after riding about 20km on the fuel light (about the max you can go on the light).

I do agree tho, it likes to hang on full for a bit, then the bars start dropping quicker.

old man winter said:
this has been talked about forever. Yamaha states reg fuel (87) why would you use anything else unless you have engine mods. waiste of money. I have a Yamaha twin engine jet boat and also run reg in it because that's what the manufacturer recommends. I have an suv that calls for 91 so that's what I put in.

I have a Yamaha jet boat too! I run 87 during the season but the last couple of late fall outings before winter storage I run 91 through it so it doesn't sit all winter with that nasty ethenol crap breaking down in it.

I've got AAEN header with AAEN slip on ,PCV, K&N's and a map from ulmer. Was going to call him and ask a few questions cause it's horrible on fuel now. I have a trail tank on it(clear) now and maybe it's just me seeing the fuel go down, but it drinking it fast.

Back