• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Ball Joint Help

DGrabnar

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
I have a 2008 yamaha nytro with all of the ball joints warn and Im about to buy them all. My question is the lower ball joints are in two pieces on the diagram, does everyone normally replace both the ring and the ball itself of just the ring going around the ball? (Lower ball joint)
Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel

I have over 9000 miles on the mountain tech arms and the ball joints show very little wear.

Yup bulletproof and the replacement Mountaintech ball joints are like $18 bucks.

Pete

I'm thinking of doing my ball joints too. Thing is their like $85 per and there is 4. I'm debating on just going the extra for the front end.

How much is it to replace the factory ball joints? How long do they last? How long do you plan on keeping your sled? Want your Nytro to handle better? In the long run your better off going with the mtn tech a arms. Money well spent for better results!

I have just under 3000 miles on a set of OEM ball joints. I'm thinking around $360 for new OEM ball joints every 3000 miles or $700 for a front end and then $75 for ball joints every 9000 or 10000 miles. It will for sure pay for it self.

Buy the OEM ball joints. There is no good aftermarket option and the OEM ball joints have been improved since 08. The new 2008-2009 part# is 8GK-23579-01-00. In 2010 they went to a joint that requires two spacers top and bottom. These ball joint will also work but you'll need to purchase the spacer and ball joints. I run the newer joints with spacers in my 2008 Nytro. The ball joint part# is 8HK-23579-00-00 and the spacer part# is 8HK-23754-00-00.
Get them from WWW.procaliber.com. They will be OEM from Yamaha but for about $50 each not $85 each that the dealer or other online stores want for them.

I got about 8k on mine. I keep them oiled all the time.
Funny - I find the upper ball joint and the steering joint erodes faster than the large lower joint.
MS

Back