• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Coolant Question

I just picked up a used 2013. Noticed the coolant was blue and also low. I was wondering what brand or kind of coolant it is. I have heard on the forums not to mix it with the green stuff as it will gel up.

The blue coolant is called "engine ice" a high performance coolant. You can buy it at most dealers for $40 gallon… I wouldn't mix any green coolant with it.

X2 I just went to advanced auto, the guys didnt carry any blue stuff but they said if you mix it, it will not be good. Gel...

The yamaha coolant is also blue. Be sure if you mix that what you put in is safe for aluminum rads. My dealer made that mistake when they preped mine for sale. Ate right through and restricted coolant flow before it started leaking

Well I did a little research and found that yamaha has a coolant called "yamacool" which has Ethylene Glycol in it. Does anyone know if this is a blue color?

I already ordered Engine Ice which is a blue coolant. It's base is Propylene Glycol which doesn't mix with Ethylene Glycol.

So now what I think I'm going to do is mix some of the stuff thats already in my sled with the engine ice and see if it gels up.

TRiGGeR605 said:
Well I did a little research and found that yamaha has a coolant called "yamacool" which has Ethylene Glycol in it. Does anyone know if this is a blue color?

I already ordered Engine Ice which is a blue coolant. It's base is Propylene Glycol which doesn't mix with Ethylene Glycol.

So now what I think I'm going to do is mix some of the stuff thats already in my sled with the engine ice and see if it gels up.

Plz keep us posted! Wish Yamaha would have put a warning sticker about this. Mine was low in the resevoir so I put a bit of (quality green) rad fluid thinking it was compatible. :S Ran it for two season like this and haven't had any issues.....fingers crossed!

TRiGGeR605 said:

Sorry. Should have read he whole post.

If this is the stuff it is 100% blue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 309
Just waiting on the mail man to deliver the engine ice. I've never heard about the stuff before I ran into this issue. It looks like it may be something to look into for our sleds, especially those of us who have the 1.75 inch track which can not throw much snow up on the heat exchanger to cool things down on those days where the trails are kinda icy.

Water wetter by redline works really good as well. Haven't put it in the sled yet but run it in both trucks

Back