• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro xtx coolant check

Yamaha_swe

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Nytro xtx turbo
Just bought a Nytro Turbo xtx 2009 and i see that when sled is cold in my garage the coolant level in the reservoir bootle is just hovering around the low mark level.

Asked local garage who told me just fill it up to full mark, but i remember that i read in this forum that it's okey to have it around the low mark when engine is cold, because it's gonna expand when engine gets warm. So should i don't fill it up anymore?

Just bought a Nytro Turbo xtx 2009 and i see that when sled is cold in my garage the coolant level in the reservoir bootle is just hovering around the low mark level.

Asked local garage who told me just fill it up to full mark, but i remember that i read in this forum that it's okey to have it around the low mark when engine is cold, because it's gonna expand when engine gets warm. So should i don't fill it up anymore?
I filled mine to the full mark when engine is cold.

Ya- fill to the mark and you will be good.
Nytros cooling system is pretty easy - in that the exchangers and rad are on top of each other so its not prone to getting air in the system.

Just keep an eye on it after a few outings.
MS

Ya- fill to the mark and you will be good.
Nytros cooling system is pretty easy - in that the exchangers and rad are on top of each other so its not prone to getting air in the system.

Just keep an eye on it after a few outings.
MS
If I fill it to max level cold would it not raise over max level when engine is warm

I’ve never had an issue.

If I fill it to max level cold would it not raise over max level when engine is warm
No - If you fill to the line - it will be fine during operation. And yes the bottle will fill up higher when run, but the engine will siphon it down while it cools off.
MS

Okey will fill it up with some Yamaha coolant.

Does anyone have the Yamaha part number for the hood lock fastener bolt for the Nytro 2009, had a spare from a sidewinder who didn't work

Okey will fill it up with some Yamaha coolant.

Does anyone have the Yamaha part number for the hood lock fastener bolt for the Nytro 2009, had a spare from a sidewinder who didn't work

Attachments

• IMG_6650.png
    IMG_6650.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 34
I need this also, anyone have part number for both this and the washer.

Attachments

• PSX_20231017_143253.jpg
    PSX_20231017_143253.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 30
What @yam429 posted (ie. part # 3FV-28386-00-00 & 5TJ-21757-00-00) are in fact that D-ring and washer.

Thanks for answer.

I also noticed that I need to hold they key many seconds before it starts when its cold outside.

Seems to run good after warmup, have run it from trailer and have some quick starts in garage without running it so it gets up to normal temp.

So I guess maybe the plugs have taken some beating, anyone thinks I should start changing them and see how it behave after that,or should check something else?

Back