• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Freeride build (2013 build page 27)

TT said:
Looking good!!

Thanks Dude!

I have some new development and another round of parts on the way.

1) Allen Ulmer at ULMER RACING is putting together a new drive axel for me with extro drivers. So I'll be doing the track swap when I get those.

2) For those that have not seen the boys at OFT RACING have combined their moto-r tether with the Jacobson roll-over valve into one plug and ride system. You gotta love taking a great idea and making it even better. So I ordered a Moto-r tether and plan to marry it up with the Jacobson roll-over to make it into OFT's jake brake. You can check the system out here.... http://oftracing.com/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=215

3) I've been very impressed with the boys at OFT so I'm switching out my Tracks USA extensions for a set of their 136" X-stensions. They are tipped up and offer an external track tensioner which is cool. Check them out here... http://oftracing.com/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=184

4) I have a 4th wheel kit on order from Yamaha.

I am also thinking I am going to order torsion spring spacers from Hygear.

revster said:
TT said:
Looking good!!

Thanks Dude!

1) Allen Ulmer at ULMER RACING is putting together a new drive axel for me with extro drivers. So I'll be doing the track swap when I get those.

2) For those that have not seen the boys at OFT RACING have combined their moto-r tether with the Jacobson roll-over valve into one plug and ride system. You gotta love taking a great idea and making it even better. So I ordered a Moto-r tether and plan to marry it up with the Jacobson roll-over to make it into OFT's jake brake. You can check the system out here.... http://oftracing.com/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=215

3) I've been very impressed with the boys at OFT so I'm switching out my Tracks USA extensions for a set of their 136" X-stensions. They are tipped up and offer an external track tensioner which is cool. Check them out here... http://oftracing.com/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=184

they don't make torsion spring spacers for the SE. Well they didn't used to. Not sure if they do now. the Arms's are beefier on the SE and the Spacers don't slide on. I guess some guys pounded them on.

dirkdiggler said:
revster said:
TT said:
Looking good!!

Thanks Dude!

they don't make torsion spring spacers for the SE. Well they didn't used to. Not sure if they do now. the Arms's are beefier on the SE and the Spacers don't slide on. I guess some guys pounded them on.

Oh good to know. thanks man

I spoke to Allen Ulmer today he's got my drive axel with extros ready and I got him to chuck a PCV and K&N intake kit into the box. Might as well add some HPs to this project.

I was over to Capitol Motorsports in Winnipeg and picked up my shox so I was ready to move forward with the skid.

Then tonight.... I had a good night in the man cave. My boss came over, I fed him some Rum and he gave me a hand putting a few things together. He was a big help. (for a cat guy)

We started with the skid......

(I'm not sure what my wife's car is doing parked in my man cave. I'll have to bring that up at our next meeting.)

Attachments

• skidAfter1.jpg
    skidAfter1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 239
Next I knocked out the stock A-arm bushings and put in the Oilite bushing I bought from ULMER RACING. Then the money shot... The spindles I had powder coated "wet black." ....and to think I almost didn't do the spindles.

Attachments

• Aarms.jpg
    Aarms.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Aarm.jpg
    Aarm.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 224
....and then the kick to the sac came. I was going to mount up the Float X shox (which were just rebuilt) when I realized they are backwards. At first I thought I would just take the decal off but then I notice that the bottom adjuster is hard to get at and the air valve is very close to the upper A-arm.

I'm going to call the guys that rebuilt them tomorrow and let him know.

Attachments

• floatbackwards.jpg
    floatbackwards.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 207
revster said:
....and then the kick to the sac came. I was going to mount up the Float X shox (which were just rebuilt) when I realized they are backwards. At first I thought I would just take the decal off but then I notice that the bottom adjuster is hard to get at and the air valve is very close to the upper A-arm.

I'm going to call the guys that rebuilt them tomorrow and let him know.

Well I found out all you have to do is spin them like a traditional shock. I felt like an idiot after he told me that, but a 10 sec phone call to make sure is better then learning the hard way I guess.

revster said:
revster said:
....and then the kick to the sac came. I'm going to call the guys that rebuilt them tomorrow and let him know.

Well I found out all you have to do is spin them like a traditional shock. I felt like an idiot after he told me that, but a 10 sec phone call to make sure is better then learning the hard way I guess.

Lol :o|

I made my final run to the boarder and picked up a package from the boys at OFT Racing and one from Ulmer racing.

I am really impressed with the quality of the stuff from OFT. These rail extensions are the best I've seen....and the Jake brake is sweet. When I get this installed it is going to look like it came on the sled. Plug and ride, you can't beat that.

....and drivers were an issue for me. I don't have a press and didn't want to have to pay someone to press off the old drivers and press on the extros. But Allen Ulmer hooked me up with drivers already mounted on a drive shaft at a damn good price!

Attachments

• drivers.jpg
    drivers.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 197
  • jakebrake.jpg
    jakebrake.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 197
  • OFText.jpg
    OFText.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 205
Now I need some help with this one boys. I went with my buddy to Ontario and he bought TYmember badbrad's sled off him. It came with the low shield which my buddy traded me for some side deflectors.

I'm going to run the stock SE shield during the season but when I head to the mountains I'm going to switch to the little guy. BUT, I'm not big on the chrome I'm going to paint it either blue, black or white. Not sure which. Let me know what you guys think I should do.....

Attachments

• lowshield.jpg
    lowshield.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 185
Alatalo has a low one done in white..it looks good against the blue...I vote white.

revster said:
Now I need some help with this one boys. I went with my buddy to Ontario and he bought TYmember badbrad's sled off him. It came with the low shield which my buddy traded me for some side deflectors.

I'm going to run the stock SE shield during the season but when I head to the mountains I'm going to switch to the little guy. BUT, I'm not big on the chrome I'm going to paint it either blue, black or white. Not sure which. Let me know what you guys think I should do.....

Hold that thought... I'll PM ya

shaddow44 said:
Alatalo has a low one done in white..it looks good against the blue...I vote white.

Yeah I PM's him a while ago about that.

THanks for the vote Ryan. Yeah white would look good based on the fact that the white handguards would be removed for the mountains as well.

Back