• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro MTX for Flatlanders

Pioneer Performance will have 45" Wide front end kits available in the fall to help make this a killer trail sled.

Anyone have any idea how the track will hold up as an 1.25"? Studdable(2 per bar)? There should be lots of clearance.

onlyblue said:
opinions are like... well u know.... everyone has one.... if i were ready to buy another sled.... i think i would have to go for a shorty... stretch it, hopefully with a kit that would make the approach angle better, 1.5 inch track and walla.... the crossover yami didnt build....

only question.... 136 or 144.... my 2 cents.... i think the wider ski stance would be better for trail cruising and less issues with the mountains length.
Last year on my Attak I was running a set on Yamaha Mnt Skis for a while. At first I set them up on center, after a few days I decided to set them to their narrowest configuration, I didn't notice the narrower setup a hinderence on trail at all, and off trail it was easier to turn and sidehill. Another idea would be to buy a set of Simmons skis, the dual runners would make the sled feel wider as the outer carbides sort of make the center to center wider. If that makes any sense at all!

Track trimming?

Today I spoke to Bruce at tracks USA about the 153 track. He said nothing new is planned from Camoplast ( 153 length) as of now. I was hoping a 1 3/4 would be available for eastern groomed trails. I asked what his opinion was as to maximum lug length for groomed trails. His experiance is 1 3/4 lug max or the track won't hold up and a 2" will come apart. I think trimming the track is the only answer for flatlanders tring to create a crossover. Now we need to figure out how short to trim the lugs.

Back