• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro MTX skid changes, 2008-2010?

Yamahammer485

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys,

Looking at picking up a backup sled, one is a 2008 and one is a 2010. The 2010 looks like it has a more modern skid with lower approach angle, and the 2008 looks like a derivative of a pro-action skid.

Refresh my memory, when did they change the skid and is the new one that much better?

Thanks in advance!

2010 was the first year with the new skid on the Nytro - it is a pretty good improvement over the 2008.

If you can get a deal on the 2008 you can look for a used skid or put a Cat skid under it as well. Lots of options.

Where can I find a Nytro float skid for sale?? They seem hard to come by. I was riding deep powder this weekend and my sled seems to trench pretty bad when slowing down and doing donuts. I am guessing the problem lies in the 2008 heavy skid. Would a '10 and new skid in 153 be a radical improvement??

RX1MPete said:
Where can I find a Nytro float skid for sale?? They seem hard to come by.

A guy is parting a 2011 out over on snowest - I will PM you the link to the thread.

Its the approach angle on the 2008 skid plus the fact the skid is over 60 lbs. On the newer skid they shortened the middle track shock to lower the approach angle to help it climb on top of the snow and lightened the skid by about 25 lbs by going with the fox float shocks. both changes helped improved off trail performance. The type of track you are running will make a HUGE difference with these sleds.

Back