• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro not cranking over sometimes

Nytro-glycerin

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX Black edition
Hey all. Was out for a long ride today, and was working the machine hard in the powder and lots of on and off to cut downed trees on the trail. Every once and a while when starting, I would turn the key, wait for the pump to stop, and then turn to start and nothing would happen. I would turn the key off all the way, repeat and it would always crank the second time trying. However, the times that the machine didn't turn over on the first attempt, it took a lot more cranks before it fired up (more than normal) on the second attempt at turning the key.

It seemed to be doing this when I would shut the machine off quickly after stopping, however when I would let it idle for 10 seconds or so before shutting it off, it would always crank and fire like normal.

Hoping that this is normal :(

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should mention I have the updated Red relays and it was only about -5deg Celsius outside

Not normal, but it could be the starter solenoid.
I had mine replaced second year I had the sled, if I played in deep snow next day or would act like you described, keep power to the ign and it would start.

Damn. What would make it do that? How hard is it to change that, anyone know?

How can I test it?

Oh perfect. Thank you. I'll replace it if not to exspensive and see if that solves it Maybe!

Anyone else have any ideas?

I have one. I thought mine was shot, changed it and never solved my problem. Was a loose connection in the key harness if I recall correctly. Try wiggling that, but to me sounds like it could be a little moisture in a connection somewhere. Dialectric grease in your connections may help. Pm me if you want to make a deal on my spare. I think a new one is about $60.00 CDN.

Starter relay. Next time it doesn't crank when you turn to the start position, let it relax to the normal run position and put a screwdriver across the 2 large terminals on the relay, if it spins the starter that relay is intermittent, replace it. Hell, replace it anyways its $15-25 of insurance against that POS dying on the trail.

i had a peice break off in my rx igition switch and it would intermittantly block the start contacts in the key switch. it was a pita to find that one.

Thanks all. I'll replace the solenoid/relay next to the battery and see if that fixes it

Back