• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Question???

WinderFab

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder Ltx GT
Hi all, my buddy is looking at a 2012 or 2013 nytro but a lot of people are pulling him away from the nytro for trail riding,
Are they as bad as some say they are for trail riding, he probably will do 80% trail riding and the rest off trail riding,
I've never been on one so I can't say anything about them, any opinions tips or comments would be great,

They may be a little harder to ride then some sleds but I don't mind mine on the trails. They take a little more body language then. some other snowmobiles. If you spend some money on them they'll hang with most anything out there.

Off trail I really like my xtx with a 1.75" backcountry track on it. I was riding with a renegade 1200 the other day and he was having a little more trouble playing off the trail then I was. Said it wasn't as nimble as the nytro.

What type of sled is he coming off of? Is he an active rider (like to hang when cornering etc)?

This will be his first sled that he will own, he has been on a apex and an early model rev and just likes the nytro but has never been on one trail riding with one,

sheetwright when you mean hang when cornering, do you really have to hang off the sled or just pull your self over the seat to turn,

hm

its quite simple.
the nytro needs to be RIDDEN.
the nytro wants you to lean, and use the throttle accordingly.
a nytro is NOT the same as a rev. you cant put your wife on it and just tell her to turn for the corner. the rev will let you get away with that. the nytro will not.
your not leaning to the inside and think your gonna rip the throttle? hell no, the nytro is gonna lift that inside ski until you let off the throttle and get setup better.
nytro likes to fly through the bumps with a handfull of throttle. eats em for breakfast that way. go slow and gentle over em? ha ha ha.

Just my opion but I wouldn't put a newbie on a Nytro. It can be a little bit hard to handle if you are not experienced. Its a bit tippy and takes muscle to ride but it's a heck of alot of fun!! Love mine!!

yamariv said:
Just my opion but I wouldn't put a newbie on a Nytro. It can be a little bit hard to handle if you are not experienced. Its a bit tippy and takes muscle to ride but it's a heck of alot of fun!! Love mine!!
X2
It might be a little difficult to find anybody on this forum to give you negative reviews because we all spend time and money to make it our "own" sled. As in life nothing and I mean nothing is perfect. I recommend he borrow or test ride one like buying a car "Drive one before you buy it" and please if he buys it and doesn't like it, ask him not to come here and bash what most say is the best and most dependable ride out there.... Thanks

Ok thanks guys,
what can be done to the sled to make it more rideable for the trails,

Fabio said:
Ok thanks guys,
what can be done to the sled to make it more rideable for the trails,
OMG I'll have to eat my supper in front of the computer. Just kidding. Depending on your weight and style there's a ton of things that can be done. Do some searches on here, there's more threads than a king size silk sheet on the matter(s)

All I have done to mine is 4 main things $$ wise.

1. Tuner ski's (if it doesn't already have em). $300cad
2. Star suspension kit if its a XTX $400-$500cad
3. Vector Gauge $300cad (used one)
4. Yamaheaters (if your a whimp like me) $250cad

Things that are free:
1. Set up front shocks so springs basically have no preload when sled is in air.
2. Sway bar in front hole.
3. Center shock full preload on spring, and limiter straps on long setting.
4. 5/8" toe out on skis.

Sled will rock on the trails once all that's done. Mine does, that's for sure :)

New 13 XTX here coming off a 2006 Apex Gt. Have to say I love it.Handles and rides way better than the Apex and the motor is almost as sweet!! Front suspension full soft on the springs(tuner ski's are standard on the 13's), sway bar front link, middle shock standard middle setting, straps stock, rear full soft with compression set at 10 clicks out(pretty soft.). I put back compression dampening as needed. The sled rides great and handles real good. Only thing I have to try is setting the skis to full wide. Also put a yellow silver yellow (short) primary spring in the clutch which lowered the engagement to 3k and killed the initial over rev when mashing the throttle. Sled is so smooth and not jerky now. I rode with a new Viper this weekend and wouldn't say it was any better in any way. Maybe it needed to be setup better? It even darted more than the Nytro in the same conditions.

fourload said:
New 13 XTX here coming off a 2006 Apex Gt. Have to say I love it.Handles and rides way better than the Apex and the motor is almost as sweet!! Front suspension full soft on the springs(tuner ski's are standard on the 13's), sway bar front link, middle shock standard middle setting, straps stock, rear full soft with compression set at 10 clicks out(pretty soft.). I put back compression dampening as needed. The sled rides great and handles real good. Only thing I have to try is setting the skis to full wide. Also put a yellow silver yellow (short) primary spring in the clutch which lowered the engagement to 3k and killed the initial over rev when mashing the throttle. Sled is so smooth and not jerky now. I rode with a new Viper this weekend and wouldn't say it was any better in any way. Maybe it needed to be setup better? It even darted more than the Nytro in the same conditions.
When you changed the primary spring did it lower your rpm on top end as well or just engagement

About the same. It runs about 8700-8800 now but the motor is still pretty new @ 300 miles.

Back