• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro rear end issues

mpbrix92

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro RTX, pretty much bone stock
yesterday I was riding with our group and at the beginning of the day the rear end was a little loose but last night was awful. The rear was fish tailing all over the place and the front was literally almost impossible to turn. I’m not sure what happened this morning I loaded it into the trailer to thaw and take a look I found a thin piece of wire that’s coiled that was laying in the suspension it’s about 3 ft long and .03 thick not sure where it’s from but if anyone has any ideas let me know I have the suspension set at medium and the front air shocks set at 85 psi nytro rtx 09

almost sounds like the spring wire that is around the hose from the shock to the reservoir in the skid , did that hose fitting break? with no front shock , that would plant the front of the sled like you were saying

Last edited:
Could you take some pics of what you found, and a few angles of the skid as well and post them on here?

Center shock most likely gone. Look to see if the body is swelled or split near the bottom. Those RTX center shocks can catastrophically fail. Mine blew apart, stabbed the track and tore it down the center. I was 50 miles from my truck so I removed the shock and rode the sled back. It handled a lot like what you are describing.

Back