• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro rear rack

I dont have a rack on my Nytro but a Skinz bag and a custom aluminum heat shield I made. Lots of storage with the bag. This is on an 08' RTX that was stretched to 144' before I bought it. The TL was in the stock RTX position under the exhaust. I did relocate the tail lamp to the rear of the tunnel similar to an 09' XTX. The bag does sit on top of the tail lamp but the lamp is still visible from behind. G.B.

tunnel bag.JPG

You have a part #on that bag? Need some more storage on mine for a long ride later this year...

You have a part #on that bag? Need some more storage on mine for a long ride later this year...
I am pretty sure it was YTP250-BK. Even with the exhaust turn out you will need a heat shield.

I figured I’d have to make something even with a turn out. Week long trip so need all the storage I can get, thanks

I figured I’d have to make something even with a turn out. Week long trip so need all the storage I can get, thanks
Yeah you can see that my turn out is within a an inche or so from my heat shield. It was simple to make the heat shield out of some sheet aluminum. The bag is expensive but has held up very well. I think mine has like 5 seasons possibly 6 on it? I original bought it and used it on a 144" Phazer and then moved it to the Nytro when I sold the Phazer. It keeps things dry and I really like the bunjee cord around it so you can cinch it down when you don't have much in the bag to keep it from flopping around. The YTP300 bag looks taller but I dont know if it is also larger in length and width? G.B.

Barn of parts has the oem nytro xtx rack and matching bags, i saw it under aftermarket goodies. It is a great option and super easy install. They are getting hard to find now. I have one on mine and use it all the time. You can fit a 1.3 gallon gas jug or use the water proof bag. The space behind the exhaust plate is pretty small but the kit also comes with a small pouch that you can fit gloves in or small items. Hooray has a pick of the rack in his post without the waterproof bag. I went with the trail tank so I can use the bigger water proof bag and forgo carrying extra gas.

Last edited:
I got him to send me pictures of it and I’m trying to decide what I want to do... I need to find a black turn out too either way...

I'd buy because chances are you will never be able to get another one. You can buy a turnout at any automotive place and rivet it on. I thought about buying the bags just to have a spare you can buy black exhaust paint to.

D50D790E-549D-4D52-BD70-B2C4C237ABD7.jpeg
Ended up buying the rack from barn of parts... stainless Elbow from Amazon and should get me enough storage for my ride... can’t figure out how to put a strait picture up either....

Back