• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NYTRO TRAIL TANK UPDATE

CCLLC

If it's not one thing it's another...

We have learned of a handful of guys who have discovered a melting point on our Nytro TrailTank. It seems to be a rare occurence at this point and not to the point of leaking, but something we need to deal with of course. It is the front left bottom corner of the tank where it kisses the heat shield. The problem seems to be exagerrated with the clear tanks due to the difference in plastic used compared to the black tank material.

We will be sending customers a high temp protection patch that is much heavier than the film we use now. It is to be placed on the affected are. We will include detailed instructions on how to apply this to your tanks.

We apologize once again for the inconvenience and we continue to do our best to address the issues that come to light with our products.

Please contact us with a current shipping address and we will send you the kit out as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support and patience through these changes.

Seth
TrailTank
503-318-3139
info@trailtank.net

Attachments

• CLEAR TRAILTANK MP(5).jpg
    CLEAR TRAILTANK MP(5).jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 159

A "patch" is the wrong word. The protection piece is a thick piece of adhesive backed aluminuminzed woven silica. It is for those tanks which have not experienced ANY melting in order to avoid the melting. The tank in the picture HAS been replaced. My apologies for not explaining the situation properly.

I am flattered by the comparison of TrailTank to a giant like GM (my personal favorite), but I fear it would take a Supreme Court ruling to move GM to provide the kind of customer support we believe we are providing voluntarily.

Thanks.

Seth
TrailTank

BTW, I won't be flying my private jet to Washington to get in the bailout line. I plan to adapt and overcome our economic challenges with our own hard work and effort, and a fair bit of God's grace.

280chopper said:
i am hearing about guys having problems with the tank hitting the fan and then putting a hole in the radiator

The tank sits back at least 1 inch from the fan bracket so I don't see how that is possible...

There has been a few issues with Trailtank, but to be honest, Seth is one of the best sellers to deal with. He is a stand up guy who does whats right to ensure you are a happy customer and tries his best to take care of any problems.

I'd buy from him again anytime.

;)!

Dang, I just put my clear trailtank on my 09 SE last night ...So should I not drive it? Is everyone who bought a tank going to get this update?
We have a trip planned for next weekend... I dont really want to put my stock tank back on, I cut the tabs and stuff off the plastic

sleddingfarmer said:
Dang, I just put my clear trailtank on my 09 SE last night ...So should I not drive it? Is everyone who bought a tank going to get this update?
We have a trip planned for next weekend... I dont really want to put my stock tank back on, I cut the tabs and stuff off the plastic

I honestly think you are fine and have nothing to worry about. I was riding last weekend and basically my trip was ruined by the sled constantly overheating. The sled was running really hot and my tank is still perfect. I'm really surprised to hear this.

That said, I did take the heat sheild off the stock tank and put it on the TrailTank over the film that came on it. On top of that, that this happens on the left side does make sense if it is going to happen anywhere as the header on the left side of the sled is closer to the left side of the sled than the right is.

I do think with the extra capacity of the tank being where it is, basically over the cylinder head/header area, that the air flow behind the radiator is restricted some what, or at the very least reduced in volume. I'm going to be trying to add some ventilation in my top cowl or around the handlebars maybe to help move some of this hot air out of there more efficiently.

I'm not blaming the tank for my overheating by the way. I had air in my cooling system as well as a larger track with the tunnel protectors still in place. This combination was causing my heat exchanger to ice up way too easily.

Those of you who have not added your locations to your site profiles, please do so immediately per site rules!!
Thank You

I wish there were more vendors like Seth. Trail Tank is a first class business. As a self employed small business owner myself, I truly hold him and his company in very high regard. He is very much about taking care of the customer. I can speak from a personal experience. Nothing short of First CLass

We have two reports of fans being pushed into the radiator and the common denominator is our early tank. I am a bit surprised the fan assembly has that much give, but until we narrow it down more as to why just a couple of these occurences, guys should inspect this area as well. I know one was on a 2009 XTX. Waiting to confirm the model/year of the other. I suspect it has taken a significant jolt of some sort to produce the amount of flex and pressure to make this happen.

It may seem as though we shuttle our product out to the market without test fitting, but that is not the case. We do mock ups and reviews frequently. Our original design was on a 2008 pre production RTX. We have noted some slight changes into production and into 2009 and have done our best to accomodate those changes. We did a major update in December, so those of you with tanks from before then should keep an eye on this area and let us kow of any concern.

Thank you.

Seth
TrailTank

Seth is a great guy and he knows how to take care of his customers, CCLLC is one of the best companies i have ever bought something from and i would not hessitate to buy something from them again. The trailtank is one of the best aftermarket parts for the nytro.

Hasse said:
Seth is a great guy and he knows how to take care of his customers, CCLLC is one of the best companies i have ever bought something from and i would not hessitate to buy something from them again. The trailtank is one of the best aftermarket parts for the nytro.

I could not agree more.

Back