• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro vs. RX1

BlkHawk73

Veteran
Yup, that's what I'm after a comparison regarding the feel and handling characteristics between the RX1 and the Nytro. Debating turning my RX1 into a Phazer and then buying a Nytro for myself. Not new but something in the $5-6 range. Anyone with first-hand riding experience with both?

Really depends on the condition when talking price. You can find a relatively low mileage rx1 for around 2500.
Performance wise, I can't say since I've never ridden the nytro. People complain about the weight of the rx1, but if you're driving mostly on trail, it shouldn't be an issue.
With the right mods and if tuned correctly, the rx1 can be a very fun machine for the price

ok i have had rx1 and a warrior and now 2013 nytro xtx with a 1.75 track and i love the riding position on nytro way better but it is a little coolder so bought a high winshield .. fuel range is short so i added 2 koplin tanks mounted to side of tunnel , no more problem.. performance is very good , but i added a comfort clutch kit and guard . handling is good with the tunner skies , but still a little heavy like all yams . easier to work on for most stuff like battery and oil change. In all i like it better ..

I had an o5 rx1 and a 08 nytro. Two totally different machines. To me the nytro seating position is way better than the rx, if you like a sled that you sit down in the the rx is nice, but if you want a sled that you can stand and sit on then the nytro is really nice. Down low power the nytro is actually quicker but on the long haul the rx is faster on top. On the nytro you have to move around on the sled to really make it handle, to me the nytro is a much better sled.

I'm happy with my Warrior, but I guess I may be old school with my sleds. I had 3 pro action Yamaha's and I got used to the seating position. I've never ridden a Nytro so I can't help you there, but I do like my Warrior a lot.

Back