• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro wins Rock Maple race

Yamattak

Veteran
I watched Brent/Brett? Herman win the 0ver 35 class (he's around 50 I'm guessing) on his stock Nytro yesterday in Essex Jct, VT!! He was in 3 races that we saw. He finished 2nd in an LCQ race, 4th in a final (not sure what class that was) and first in the over 35 race. He was able to get the hole shot each time. I thought that was pretty good considering he was up against the Cat, Doo and Poo race sleds with their big lug tracks.

;)!

FxsX24 said:
sweet, yami should see the privateers and help them out some, keyword is SHOULD, but i dont think they will

First of all NIIIICE on the win. But secondly,I don't think people are giving Yamaha Motor enough credit. Who says they are not helping anyone already? Don't forget there are a few USCC guys out there also. This is in no way meant to be an argument against what was just written, simply stating that they could already be giving help to others, its just not publicized and to the extent in the factory team recieves. Thats all.

when i told my boss he was suprized. hes been in RMR for a long time and missed this week end cause we were at the X games with one of our riders racing. he said that back in the day he was a realy good rider.

SnoXer470 said:
FxsX24 said:
sweet, yami should see the privateers and help them out some, keyword is SHOULD, but i dont think they will

First of all NIIIICE on the win. But secondly,I don't think people are giving Yamaha Motor enough credit. Who says they are not helping anyone already? Don't forget there are a few USCC guys out there also. This is in no way meant to be an argument against what was just written, simply stating that they could already be giving help to others, its just not publicized and to the extent in the factory team recieves. Thats all.

they help in CC, moto and a few others, but not snox. yes they do have factory, but everyone else does. no the others do not help there privateers.
BUT you and the others are going on a limb by taking a historically failing brand into snox(racing tripples(two strokes), atempting vectors, monoshocks and whatever backfired for snox), your up aginst the weight, any motor and track disadvantages in stock forum, your putting $10,000+ on the line (no pun intended) to show that yamaha and four strokes can compete and win. remember like the old saying "what wins on sunday, sells on monday"

yes before snox there still was xc and the others but snox seems to be the selling place cause it shows the beating that a sled can take (even though they will never TRAIL market that same sled)

so you win and yamaha sells a nytro,and you have some fun but get no capital gain from it, usually a loss (yes anything under semi-pro does not get payout, but you still loose more cash when you bought the sled and modified it for a open class to compete , or kept it stock and spent endless hours getting that suspension dialed in , while the other rides worked on cornering or something)

SnoXer470 said:

+1

Back