• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX vs XP 800R Gade

Southern Renegade said:
skidooboy said:
really, if you want real world answers, all you can do is line em up and find out. ski

I have owned both and I have ran my brothers 09 800R gade. The ski doo is fast through the bottom end and beats me by a length or two but the XTX stays with him. I consider the nytro a 700 class sled. Now I have run a 07 crossfire 800 and we were dead even. Didnt matter on the situation but I was stronger through the mid range. On the top end for XTX or Gade, I am not sure. I raced my brother 800 but he dropped a tooth for 1.75 track so I take him around 80 mph and he follows me. Turk is right, set up and riders can make a sled slower or faster but my 08 800 Gade I owned was faster from 0 and up. I traded it on the XTX due to liking the shop more than riding with me :flag:
Alright, so a little setup and I should be right in the hunt or beating them.. It's going to be a fun winter...

sj said:
first...arent these motors like the apex's where they arent broke in making full power til like 1000-1500 miles?

and what about with the power adders....filters...fuel...header etc ????

I thought with this stuff sled could beat or hang right there til 90 or so with all the 600-800's ???

Yep Steve, I agree, the filters and K&N should help it pull it through and a header should help it on topend, since then you can clutch it for 9400 on top end. Plus a good clutch kit and it's good to go. I'm not really sure if you will really need the header. Just good clutching and filters and PCIII.

Turk said:
There is a big variance on how they run. A few I can run with but mostly I lose. The ones that know how to tune for peak rpm,s are naturally strong runners. Most guys just ride em they way they come out of the box. If they get lucky & factory settings are good there gonna be fast.
1 or 2 turns on the primary clickers can yield big results.
I ride with 2 08,s & 2 09 800,s.
The 07/06,s are a lot slower.

Those guys on Doo-talk really seem to give you a hard time. It's hard to deal with the yellow group over there. It just gets worse all the time...

Nitrousman1 said:
welterracer said:
Those XPs are FASSSSST..

My buddy has a 09 800R with billet head, pipe,Y-pipe, studs etc etc.. And it halls the mail..

I can beat him out of the hole (with the transfer rod removed) but i hit a wall at 100mph and he pulls on my like he has nitros.. A good 5mph faster on top..

That sled can pull the skis at any speed and never lets them down

That's the funny thing about the XP, it can pull the skis all day long but still carve corners like its on rails. Any other sled I've owned it was always one or the other either it railed corners or wheelie all day long but never both without adjusting things.
Doo did not do all that much between the 08 and 09 to get the xp to lay down in a hard sharp turn on smooth trails,if you have bumps they can turn ok,but thats about it,the biggest reason i traded in my xp was i already knew how the apex gt turns,like it has power steering,the xp is just to darn light,and they transfer to much,heck i have a trail indy i can get to lift the skis all day long,but i wanted something to turn when i want it to turn,and not because i have to hang a foot off the front of it to do so,to each his owne,but my 07 apex gt destroys my old 08 800xpx period.

mnmsnowbeast said:
Doo did not do all that much between the 08 and 09 to get the xp to lay down in a hard sharp turn on smooth trails,if you have bumps they can turn ok,but thats about it,the biggest reason i traded in my xp was i already knew how the apex gt turns,like it has power steering,the xp is just to darn light,and they transfer to much,heck i have a trail indy i can get to lift the skis all day long,but i wanted something to turn when i want it to turn,and not because i have to hang a foot off the front of it to do so,to each his owne,but my 07 apex gt destroys my old 08 800xpx period.
One wide trails in norther Ontario the apex is king, if that is the kind of riding you do, man those things corner awesome and flat. I used to love mine up there. Where I found I hated my apex was mid ontario in cottage country where the trails are tighter and less open, it becomes appearant how heavy it is. The XP shines here, granted its not as good up north as the apex but for a multipurpose its awesome. I found the apex with the SC was a hoot to screw around with off trail as well it would pop the skis and just carry them down power lines over hills etc with a 1.25" track. I just changed my riding style when I went to the XP and play more with dropping off big rock ledges and jumping now.

Each sled is suited to a specific area of riding more then the other, for me I found the apex (stock) was best kept on flat north ontario groomed trails.

Back to the topic of the XTX I do not find it as well suited as the apex myself after riding the neighbours when we switched for the day, the apex is just alot better at cornering, and I found the XTX track to be noisey?? anyone else?

mnmsnowbeast said:

I agree with this post! I have an 08 XP 500ss and its too damn light at times. The front jumps up in the air over any kind of mogul and at times is difficult to keep flat in turns. The 1200 XR X pkg corners flatter and feels way more planted and turns better than the XP. My Apex feels like a tank compared to the 1200 and feels too planted. I think the Nytro has many of the same characteristics as the XP as far as being less planted than both the Apex and 1200. This makes it a less desirable groomed trail sled but also makes it a sled that can be a lot of fun to ride in the junk.

SledFreak said:
Turk said:
There is a big variance on how they run. A few I can run with but mostly I lose. The ones that know how to tune for peak rpm,s are naturally strong runners. Most guys just ride em they way they come out of the box. If they get lucky & factory settings are good there gonna be fast.
1 or 2 turns on the primary clickers can yield big results.
I ride with 2 08,s & 2 09 800,s.
The 07/06,s are a lot slower.

Those guys on Doo-talk really seem to give you a hard time. It's hard to deal with the yellow group over there. It just gets worse all the time...

Thats for sure! I was banned there a few years back because even though I owned a few Doo's they didn't like the fact that I had an Apex and liked it.

Mighty said:
dirkdiggler said:
I have an answer for you. My Buddy has a very good running Apex. He smokes my Nytro after 65MPH. He just freight Trains away from me. He also rides with a guy with a 800XP renegade. He destroys him the same way he destroys me. I haven't had a chance to ride with the guy with the Doo. but I know he wasn't happy when the Apex destroyed him!!!!
Jason, they are talking about the waaaay faster XTX. You have the waaaay slooooooower Nytro :moon:

That said Denis Beats the crap out if the XP 800 the same way he beats me. LOL

Thanks for a very informative post, and the best of all - no bashing going on. Thank you guys.

:rocks: ;)!

rxrider
TY Management

mnmsnowbeast said:
I know they changed the rear arm for 09 but I think for suspension that was about it except for maybe changing the valving in the shocks. I did loose the stock ski's for some USI Triple Threat X2's which I think make a huge difference in how it carves corners. I never even rode it with the stock ski's because the 08's I rode pushed in the corners and I hated the ski's on my REV.

I have a 09 XTX and have raced the DOO 600 and 2 XP 800Rs along with a F7 repeatly on Pickeral Lake in Northern Wisconsin last winter.

The XTX is not a 600 class sled It make between 130-138 HP show me a 600 that does that stock.

Anyway the F7 and Doo 600 were not a problem XTX gets the hole shot and pulls away until about 75-80 and then the distance stay the same until we ran out of room at about 105. The XTX constently got the jump on the 2 800's by about 1-2 sleds and held it until about 60-70 at which time the 800's pulled even and eventually went ahead of me by about 2-3 sleds and no more up to the same 105. We ran this group about 5 times through out the afternoon and the results were very consitent.

This is just my experience on that day.

Boot said:
I have a 09 XTX and have raced the DOO 600 and 2 XP 800Rs along with a F7 repeatly on Pickeral Lake in Northern Wisconsin last winter.

The XTX is not a 600 class sled It make between 130-138 HP show me a 600 that does that stock.

Anyway the F7 and Doo 600 were not a problem XTX gets the hole shot and pulls away until about 75-80 and then the distance stay the same until we ran out of room at about 105. The XTX constently got the jump on the 2 800's by about 1-2 sleds and held it until about 60-70 at which time the 800's pulled even and eventually went ahead of me by about 2-3 sleds and no more up to the same 105. We ran this group about 5 times through out the afternoon and the results were very consitent.

This is just my experience on that day.

Were they gades or 121"?

121's

That's more then likely why I got the holeshot on them, although they were both studed and my XTX is not. The 144 really hooks up well out of the hole.

Back