• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Racing-Steering Relocator, not just for the mountains

MotoPsycho

Lifetime Member
Scott sez...
In the category: "need drives innovation", we have developed a new steering post relocation bracket for the Nytro.

Key features are:

- 2-1/2" forward relocation of the steering post at the upper steering post mount ( 6 degrees forward of stock )

- Permanenty lubricated bushings

- All billet aluminum constuction with tight tolerance CNC machining and NO plastic!! ( this includes upper and lower mounting brackets )

- Virtually NO INTERFERENCE WITH THE STOCK PLASTIC DASH PANEL! No more "bumps" in your dash from a relocation kit!

- And, best of all, it's bomb proof
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moto sez...

I came up with design for this part not intending to ever use it. I never really had an issue with the "feel" of the Nytro steering, and I couldn't justify changing anything, but it seemed to be "all the rage" for some guys, so why not make it - and make it better?

That being said, I WISH I HAD THIS PART THE DAY I BOUGHT MY SLED!!!! Who would believe simple geometry could effect fun factor so significantly?

The difference in feel, leverage, standing position, etc. is phenominal! As added bonuses, you no longer have a stiff, squeaky turn; you can turn tighter than you will most likely ever need (significantly decreased steering radius with kit), and it looks sweet as hell!

This kit offers 3/8" more forward movement of the steering post than the nearest competitor. This means the bars are moved an entire 2 1/2 inches forward, or 6 degrees. (which also moves the vertical hight upward significantly) It is also built with a full oilite bushing set-up, and precision machined billet aluminum upper and lower brackets.

Here's the kicker - you get the whole kit at a reasonable price!

OFT Racing offers the best sled products you can buy, for the best price you can find.

DSC01734.JPG

DSC01758.JPG

DSC01767.JPG

DSC00197.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

I just put this relocator kit on my sled this fall, I must say this is a top notch quality product. The install was very easy and I really enjoy the new bar position. Cant wait to get a good ride with it this winter!

Ordered one of these relocator kits for my RTX from Scott a few days ago and can't wait to try it out ! Long gone will be my clunky up and down slop in the shaft too ! I read that turning the bars is a LOT more natural, and the added rise will be great for stand up riding too, just what I was looking for. ;)!

WOOHOOO !!! :jump:

Does it still make the bars move up and down, just further forward? or does it make them move back and fourth like other sleds?

Also, how much?

Bars will move forward and up somewhat. Not adjustable on the fly. The bushings (oilite) solves the excessive play in the steering mechanism. Wow, I sound like a saleman!!!

skoalring11 said:
is there a picture of a stock set up so I can compare the two

Here is the relocator on an RTX. After picture on the left, before on the right:

1.jpg

thetruck454 said:
Does it still make the bars move up and down, just further forward? or does it make them move back and fourth like other sleds?

Also, how much?

If I understand what you're asking by "up and down", the result of pivoting the steering post forward makes the sweep of the handle bars "flatter", ie. more parallel to the ground. It does not eliminate all of the "up and down", but it will keep the inside handlebar ( side coming towards the rider when turning ) off of your knees and the gas tank. Price is $150.00 + shipping for the complete kit.

Roest said:
For the 08,09, and 2010. OEM design hasn't changed.

Thanks for the help Roest ;)!

Did you ever find a motor for your Nytro? Saw some videos of the Gyrocopter here on TY. Pretty cool.

scmurs

www.OFTRacing.com

scmurs said:
skoalring11 said:
is there a picture of a stock set up so I can compare the two

Here is the relocator on an RTX. After picture on the left, before on the right:

1.jpg

thetruck454 said:

Also, how much?

If I understand what you're asking by "up and down", the result of pivoting the steering post forward makes the sweep of the handle bars "flatter", ie. more parallel to the ground. It does not eliminate all of the "up and down", but it will keep the inside handlebar ( side coming towards the rider when turning ) off of your knees and the gas tank. Price is $150.00 + shipping for the complete kit.

Roest said:

Thanks for the help Roest ;)!

Did you ever find a motor for your Nytro? Saw some videos of the Gyrocopter here on TY. Pretty cool.

scmurs

www.OFTRacing.com

Still looking for a motor. Keep your eyes and ears open. It went into a BD-1. Kudos to a good product. I'll be ordering one soon too.

BigECB said:
Roest said:

Roest speaks the truth...

I got one of these a few weeks ago and installed it on a 2010 FX Nytro MTX. Fits perfect... nice piece of work from OFT Racing!

You got her eh Big E!?!?!?!

Congratulations!!! :jump:

Back