• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Tunnel Block Off plate

SchelT

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Nytro XTX 1.75
Hello All!...
Has anyone installed the OFT tunnel plate on their XTX? How much time and or labor? I was thinking of ordering the plate for use with OEM muffler.

Just installed mine. Not bad, maybe 2 hours of work. Remove seat, plastics, heat shield, remove muffler, drill holes, rivet it on, reinstall. I got the OEM version and added aluminum on top and cut it out to fit my MBRP pipe. That way I can switch pipes easily still. OFT did a great job on the fit and finish.
39ce13b1590e96e6da2b40e998ffa1bc.jpg

Sent from my pocket computer so excuse my spelling

Just installed mine. Not bad, maybe 2 hours of work. Remove seat, plastics, heat shield, remove muffler, drill holes, rivet it on, reinstall. I got the OEM version and added aluminum on top and cut it out to fit my MBRP pipe. That way I can switch pipes easily still. OFT did a great job on the fit and finish.

Great info..Thank you :)

Did you have any difficulty removing the stock muffler? Saving the exhaust seal?

I had trouble simply removing it due to the crazy bond it had (never been apart since factory. I ever so slightly pried on the tabs to loosen it as much as I could, and then twisted the muffler off, since straight pulling didn't do anything. Just remove the muffler bolts by the tail light before you try and twist it lol. Take it easy on the header as much as you can in terms of being rough with it. My gasket came out relatively unscathed, not that I know what a new one looks like lol. I reused it, shouldn't be a problem. Time will tell!

Lol never mind.....I just saw u posted this a day ago....for some reason I thought this was an older thread

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I wish I could tell ya.. The snow situation isn't helping with that lol. I will post back once I go for a ride and let you know!

Good job did you have 2 take off the tunnel protectors and exhaust?
Just had to drill out the back tunnel protector bracket rivets . Slid right up over the end of them into place and yeah I took the muffler off kinda went buy a picture of the oft one cut my hole little by little took me a couple hours and a few rivets .

Looks like it will work have you had any snow yet on try it out? And what type of material did you use ?

Last edited:
Look like it will work have you had an snow yet on try it out? And what type of material did you use ?
No snow yet to try it , it's a piece of aluminum can't remember the thickness it's the same stuff most people use on race cars 0.35 maybe ?!?

Back