• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil change questions

Ok what's the other bolt for next to the drain plug
fe8d39a4b860e246a1205650e7d4868f.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I never took it out but looks like it just hold oil pan on?
Well by mistake I put the Allen wrench on it and it came loose real easy. Was thinking puting at least blue locktite on it.

Yes I bet many have done that. Crazy they have a Allen screw for drain. Maybe take a paint pen and put mark by actual drain as a reminder. Do you have the torque spec?

Yes I bet many have done that. Crazy they have a Allen screw for drain. Maybe take a paint pen and put mark by actual drain as a reminder. Do you have the torque spec?
I think I have it in the manual

I believe it's 7.2 ft lbs. for both screws. Sorry I thought we had a torque spec thread in FAQ. Going to need to get that done!

Oil filter 12ft lb torque drain screw next to filter 7.2ft lb oil tank bolt 12 ft lb. How do you torque and oil filter with an o ring. Coating it with oil changes friction wth. The filter the dealer was so tight I crushed it trying to remove it. All the tips on here worked great. Thanks for all the info you guys posted.

Put the filter on by hand. Just turn it as tight as you can with your hand. Make sure the old o-ring isnt stuck on engine and yes lube the new one. Never had a issue. I do torque the drainbolts though.

Back