• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil change questions

Do my first oil/filter and chain Case change, anything to remember that gets easily overlooked.

I can go either way, what's best or preferred method, where do fill the oil

You remove the actuator to fill it. For first service I would just suck it out of chaincase if a evacuator is available. A 1/4 stiff hose works real well. Chain gets adjusted also finger tight then back off 1.5 turns.

Thanks, I have a small hand suction pump, should work.

That should work fine. Once you put actuator back on be sure to go into forward and reverse 3 times so it can position itself. Oil change is pretty easy. Couple threads here with tips. Hardest part is removing footwell. Can use a 1qt bottle cut to direct oil into a pan.

If you have the stock muffler Get your self a new muffler equast gasket in case the old one you can't reuse. The muffler you'll need to remove to adjust the chain tension.

If you have the stock muffler Get your self a new muffler equast gasket in case the old one you can't reuse. The muffler you'll need to remove to adjust the chain tension.
I got a magnaflow can, also have new gasket, had to crack open the case to let oil drain, my suction pump didn't work, didn't take oil tank off though as I refilled the tank before realizing, but its all back together now, just waiting for high temp paint to dry on can before putting back on.

You just pulled case of enough to let oil drain? No more?
Yes, just backed off on all screws about a quarter inch, let oil drain and snugged it back up.

That should be fine. Is a washer that almost always comes off with cover but that little bit it should stay in place.

That should be fine. Is a washer that almost always comes off with cover but that little bit it should stay in place.
Refilled chain case, put actuator back on ,cycled in reverse a few times, sounded louder the first couple times , not grinding, but OK now, no leaks.

Just changed oil/ filter in 15 viper se...filter came off with original rubber gasket, but I also found another loose (seemed larger and thicker) gasket near the oil filter spot on the motor...I assume that it does not go back on anywhere...?? After refilling with oil and running motor, I see no leaks....have no clue where that "extra" large rubber
o- ring was supposed to be....Ideas? Thankx.

Just changed oil/ filter in 15 viper se...filter came off with original rubber gasket, but I also found another loose (seemed larger and thicker) gasket near the oil filter spot on the motor...I assume that it does not go back on anywhere...?? After refilling with oil and running motor, I see no leaks....have no clue where that "extra" large rubber
o- ring was supposed to be....Ideas? Thankx.
I would take that off I left a old gasket on one oil change and it took 500 miles to blow but it did should just be bare metal around oil filter

Back