• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil change time

tproteau

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha Rx-1 LE Liquid Silver
1998 Polaris XC 700
2007 Ski-Doo MXZ Adrenaline 800 HO
since all the snow is gone, I'm thinking I should do an oil change before summer storage. Do most guys on here do the same or just leave the old oil in until the next season?

Before season.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

i change mine at the end of the season as we run them in the off season to prevent starting issues in the fall.

Just changed mine last night. 3 liters of Mystik 0w40 synthetic with an oil filter change. I like to change at the end of season. My mind is more at ease knowing it has fresh oil sitting in it all summer long.

Just changed mine last night. 3 liters of Mystik 0w40 synthetic with an oil filter change. I like to change at the end of season. My mind is more at ease knowing it has fresh oil sitting in it all summer long.

Same here, just did mine.

Most people do it at the end of season, the logic being that there are some by products of combustion in the old oil that are acidic and it is better to store it with fresh oil.

Back