• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Fill?

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
I know this has been beat to death - but - Can someone give the exact amount of engine oil used on an oil change.

Did mine and it took about 3.3 litres, and it seems a bit high on the dip stick (of course seeing the oil level on that dip is difficult enough, even when its old and darker).

Curious what others have found.
Thanks
MS

3.7 quarts which is equal to 3.5 Liters

if you filled only 3.3 L and the oil is high on the dip stick I am wondering if you screwed it in all the way to check the oil level? I was told by the dealership and many others that you are not supposed to screw the dip stick in when checking oil level.

From my '09 owner's manual:

'Remove the oil filler cap, wipe the dipstick clean, insert it back into the oil filler hole (without screwing it in), and then remove it again to check the oil level.'

Thanks for the comments. The owners manual is pretty clear not to screw it in. When the oil is fresh its tough to see on the stick. MS

I wondered why they picked a tan plastic for that part.

I added 3 litres and ran it all last season, that was with a filter change. It puts the level just a crack under full. You most definitely do not want it to be overfull or even right on the full line. You'll see what happens inside your Air Box if you do, very messy.

Back