• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinion - oil tank leak

I did mine year one cause I opened it up by accident. I used permatex right stuff as well.

Screenshot_20211107-153227_Chrome.jpg

next time due for oil change I'm putting on the BOP gasket and doing the hose loop...enough oil blowing out of the sled already.

Thanks all for the comments.
We had some great weather today (warm) so i sucked it up and tore it apart and re sealed with Permatex-Right Stuff. Better do it now while its easy, and not when its cold out. The earlier comment - "its not going to get better" kinda summed the situation up.

The gasket was real thin in the spot it was weeping. Again - this is on me, thought i put a nice bead down, but it pushed the sealant out when it was tightened. Will see how this new job holds up.

Will be interested to hear how BOP gasket holds up. If i have problems again, will give Travis a call.
MS

I’ve got 6500 KM on my BOP gasket and no leaks at all (kept ROV). This year I removed the ROV.

I have the infamous oil leak as well. I did get BOP gasket to fix. Does anyone know if you can remove the cover and install the gasket without removing the muffler? Looks like you can, but bottom belly pan may be an issue. Thanks.
You can get the oil tank off without removing the muffler, I've done lots of them, I use the sealer Yamaha reminds. I don't use a gasket.

The BOP gasket works. I use the right stuff permatex in a aerosol can. One can does at least 10 oil tanks. I've done a bunch and never any issues
Hi, what is the BOP gasket and where can I get it ?

The BOP gasket works. I use the right stuff permatex in a aerosol can. One can does at least 10 oil tanks. I've done a bunch and never any issues
Hi, so you spray both sides of the gasket? Can you give me the part # of that Right stuff Aerosol please.

Hi, so you spray both sides of the gasket? Can you give me the part # of that Right stuff Aerosol please.
Look up Permatex 26015. It doesn't spray, you pull the trigger and it applies a really nice bead on the surface. Works great with virtually no waste.

Look up Permatex 26015. It doesn't spray, you pull the trigger and it applies a really nice bead on the surface. Works great with virtually no waste.
20211110_203646.jpg

I think NY is talking about this type of can..
This is what I use.
Clean, both matting surfaces WELL with brake clean ,a Lite wire brush, and wipe down with rubbing alcohol. Before applying sealant read manufacturers directions

Yeah similar. Makes applying silicone futuristic. Lol

Found it, thank you. So do you use this instead of the BOP gasket?

Back