• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Only 5 weeks without my sled this year

uofm

Expert
I changed this thread and decided not to whine and complain on this sight. I will do my talking with Yamaha.

Last edited:

It sounds like you been a Yamaha fan for quite a while.

Now let's here the rest of your story.

The rest of the story is snowmobiling season is to short for a working person to have the sled sit in a shop waiting to be fixed. It kind of takes the fun out of it.

The rest of the story is snowmobiling season is to short for a working person to have the sled sit in a shop waiting to be fixed. It kind of takes the fun out of it.

I will bite, what happened?

This is why I miss my old DEALER so much. If you had a problem with your sled he would have you on one of his used or demo sleds. May not have been a Sidewinder, but at least you were riding something!

Dang right it is! I have heard of some companies or dealers giving out loaners while you wait. But its rare. I cant imagine missing the great riding opportunities for even a week! So sorry for you. Heck with it. My buddy who was a DooXRS buyer every year blew both his 850's two seasons in a row. They replaced engines but he lost well over a months riding. Switched to Polaris 850 last year. Blew that motor too. Dealer or factory gave him choice immediately of a new unstudded 850 or a ProS studded to ride while waiting. He chose the ProS. I believe because of what they did he will be committed to them for a long time.

I firmly believe that no matter what sled you have, the ability to wrench yourself makes a big difference when something happens in-season.

Dealers are busy, they wait for parts, etc. It takes time.

Now I don't know the situation here but even if it's say a driveshaft and there's a backorder for a new shaft, you take it out yourself, have it welded and get a new bearing and you're back in business in 2 days max.

Warranty is nice in theory but doesn't guarantee it will be fixed promptly. Last year my oil tank leaked, under warranty, do I bring it to the dealer? Oh heck no! $15 in gasket maker and was fixed in a day.

I firmly believe that no matter what sled you have, the ability to wrench yourself makes a big difference when something happens in-season.

Now I don't know the situation here but even if it's say a driveshaft and there's a backorder for a new shaft, you take it out yourself, have it welded and get a new bearing and you're back in business in 2 days max.

Warranty is nice in theory but doesn't guarantee it will be fixed promptly. Last year my oil tank leaked, under warranty, do I bring it to the dealer? Oh heck no! $15 in gasket maker and was fixed in a day.
Thats only way I have been able to keep my New Years Resolution of riding every weekend till snow is gone in UP and WI. But would be nice to just hop on another sled while waiting for those that dont have two or ability or time to work on their own.

very true unless you are under warranty and the dealer doesn’t give you the parts and wants the work. That’s what happened when I needed new drive shaft. Luckily I tackled the problem in the off season

These are Ideas that could give Yamaha a edge in sled sales. As long as the issue really exists why would the Factory care who fixes it? Just couldnt do the same part twice unless proven it was actually replaced. Engine or internal engine parts would be a issue though. They should have a few spare whole engines for those circumstances.

Back