• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Over 16,000 hard miles and going strong

Bigblue1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder RTX-LE
Apex SE
Just fired up Bigblue1 and still it runs like the day I purchased it 11 years ago. just can't find myself getting rid of it. I have a newer Apex but old reliable just keeps on working. Besides, what am I gong to get for it right? Might as well keep her. If anyone ever questions Yamaha durability they are crazy. I have run this machine hard and and I'm 6' 3" 278lbs. Whats your RX experience?

Best sled ever built, the RX changed the WHOLE INDUSTRY like nothing ever has.

KEEP HER OR REGRET IT LATER.

##KINDA FUNNY how a nice one still turns heads.

My RX Warrior has 18,000 miles and runs as good as day one. Clutches not rebuilt yet everything tight. New springs in both of them twice. New track, new driveshaft, swapped out the Skid to a ZX2 couple sets of bearings in the drive train and new chain and sprockets at 9,000 miles. Apex seat and Excell exhaust with a 2 inch riser makes it a very nice sled. Sled is still sweet to ride but with the Apex being sled one it just doesn't get used like it should. I try to put at least a couple hundred miles a year on it.

Attachments

• Sled.jpg
    Sled.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 92
Just fired up Bigblue1 and still it runs like the day I purchased it 11 years ago. just can't find myself getting rid of it. I have a newer Apex but old reliable just keeps on working. Besides, what am I gong to get for it right? Might as well keep her. If anyone ever questions Yamaha durability they are crazy. I have run this machine hard and and I'm 6' 3" 278lbs. Whats your RX experience?

my 04 warrior has over 15,000 miles I will die of old age with this sled im 57 years old not going any time soon I hope or my sled .

My RX Warrior has 18,000 miles and runs as good as day one. Clutches not rebuilt yet everything tight. New springs in both of them twice. New track, new driveshaft, swapped out the Skid to a ZX2 couple sets of bearings in the drive train and new chain and sprockets at 9,000 miles. Apex seat and Excell exhaust with a 2 inch riser makes it a very nice sled. Sled is still sweet to ride but with the Apex being sled one it just doesn't get used like it should. I try to put at least a couple hundred miles a year on it.
Sweet ride!

Mine had 8700 miles on it when I bought it. If it was any other brand I never would've bought a sled with that many miles on it. I have over 11k on it now and it has been a great sled and it still runs awesome. Its funny when I pull up to a gas station where there are a bunch of new sleds and I can see a few of them checking out the old Warrior.

24000 km (15ooo mi) on my 04, and I'm in the same boat. Would love to get something newer, but I can't justify the expense when this one is still going strong.
Best mods are the Temp Gauge, Apex seat, 13mm sway bar, and Floats up front.
I have rebuilt the skid twice, and donuts twice and the y pipe once.
Never have had to touch the engine, and have NEVER cleaned the carbs.
I ride with guys who have newer injected Apex's, and consistantley I am $4 -5 cheaper at fillups than they are!

Wow guys those are some impressive numbers you throwing up. Yamaha has bullet proof motors and that's why I switched to a 4 stroke. All my buddies give me crap for having one but I just keep reminding them I wont have to rebuild a motor every 3000 miles (if your lucky).

Back