• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

part number for tunnel close off kit?

jthomp

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Phazer
I know it's in here some where but I can't find it. My local dealer had no idea what I was referring to either.
If I remember correctly those who purchased the kit said it was put together/well thought out and worth the extra money over an Excell kit or just cutting some aluminum.
thanks in advance.

:exc: Too bad it's so warm out that this guy doesn't need a treadmill to sweat :o|

I bought a $10.50 piece of .062" alum. from a local trailer manufacturer, drilled 8 holes and put $2 worth of nuts and bolts in it. Doesn't get much easier than that. None of the kits are worth the money.

I too just bought a sheet of aluminum, it was much cheaper than the kit and it has stopped most of the ice build up under the tunnel

Ditto.... Sheet of aluminum.. I cut and rounded the edges for a finished look. Measured, drilled and riveted in place. I only closed the rear. Difference is amazing. no more ice build up on the running boards. No overheating, etc.

Ditto.... Sheet of aluminum.. I cut and rounded the edges for a finished look. Measured, drilled and riveted in place. I only closed the rear. Difference is amazing. no more ice build up on the running boards. No overheating, etc.

I cut mine at 24.25 x 11.25 and if fits perfectly. It runs under my belt holder/toolkit and uses the front two bolts to hold it down along with 6 other stainless flat heads and nylocks. I left the front hole open. There is still some ice build up under the tunnel, but my feet are dry and nothing has overheated.

Back