• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Parts at brake and gearbox???

Chris600

Expert
I don´t really understand how the parts shall be on the outside of the discbrake and in the "gearhouse"
On the first picture nr 1 and 2 is called shims, after that comes 2 parts that should be greased. What are they? Beacause if you chack on the bottom pic to the right there is only shims and washer on the outside of the discbrake.
On the bottom picture to the left there is an O-ring ( nr 37) but that O-ring I can´t find on the upper picture.

The upper picture is from the service manual and the 2 on the bottom is from partsfinder

536880_405177372901980_1683720431_n.jpg

I believe one of the two parts on the upper drawing are the o-ring and a small washer. The o-ring is usually stuck in the disk when you take it apart.

Voda2000 said:
I believe one of the two parts on the upper drawing are the o-ring and a small washer. The o-ring is usually stuck in the disk when you take it apart.

So is that the O-ring nr 37 on the picture below? Is that O-ring just on the wrong place on the parts finder picture?

I'm pretty sure that nr37 is the o-ring. The shaft they show it going on is the same shaft that the break disk mounts to. I think that o-ring is there to keep dirt off the splines that the break disk mounts on.

Did you figure it out? I have mine apart so I could take a look at how it went.

The O-ring should be at the outside of the discbrake...after the 0-ring a small washer that have that same outer diameter as the o-ring...and then a bigger washer that hold everything inplace.

Back