• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PB80 results?

Big Ugly

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
ZR 9000
Chaparral SSX (dirty bird)
How does this clutch perform on the 998? Compare well with the stock clutches?

I'm interested also in anyone's experience with this combo, but for the noise factor. Wondering if this, or the Hurricane noise reduction ring, is the better way to go for a straight trail rider.

I've noticed after about 2000km, the clutch is just as rattly as everyone on here says :).

PB-80 is a great and quiet clutch. I wont make a peep. I had on but sold it to a guy that had to have a clutch. I tried it once with the stock muffler tunes but had other issues at the time that forced me to go back to a known setup or I'd have had more time with it.

I have a buddy that runs his on the 300 tune. Haven't spoke with him in a while but maybe he'll chime in. The one problem they do have is they are prone to breaking the spring cup on them. Its a known issue that I don't believe has been addressed.

PB-80 is a great and quiet clutch. I wont make a peep. I had on but sold it to a guy that had to have a clutch. I tried it once with the stock muffler tunes but had other issues at the time that forced me to go back to a known setup or I'd have had more time with it.

I have a buddy that runs his on the 300 tune. Haven't spoke with him in a while but maybe he'll chime in. The one problem they do have is they are prone to breaking the spring cup on them. Its a known issue that I don't believe has been addressed.
Thanks for the info :).

Is the spring clip issue when used with tunes, or in general - I will be straight stock in terms of ECU/HP.

Thanks for the info :).

Is the spring clip issue when used with tunes, or in general - I will be straight stock in terms of ECU/HP.

The spring cup has been breaking for years even on the stock ski doo 1200's. Not related to any tunes or sleds. Just fatigue. CVTech blamed it on using ski-doo springs, but I even had a cup break using CVTech springs so thats out the window.

When the cup breaks it vibrates like mad. Shut it down and you can still salvage the clutch, some guys continue to drive them to get home and it ruins the complete clutch assembly.

pb80-goes-kaboom-again.1396946

Approximately how many miles can one expect before the cup goes bad?

Approximately how many miles can one expect before the cup goes bad?

I had the ver first version with a real old cup never braver and had over 6000 miles on it. My bud and I had the new cups break in less than 2000 miles before.

How do they transmit power to the track vs an OEM clutch (boosted application)?

The track HP is excellent, but don't expect a drag race clutch, They don't bite the belt as well right off engagement. You tune them with steel pucks and the spring. The pucks control RPM, and the spring controls the rate of RPM climb or loss thru the shift and of course engagement.

The nice thing about the PB-80 is it is silent, unlike the stock clutch. The PB-80 does tend to run hotter because the cooling effect is not there from windage and the steel cover. Its an ugly looking clutch but performs very well. I used them on my Ski-Doo 1200's both turboed and NA versions, and I broke one spring cup on one clutch, but know guys that have also broken spring cups.

Thanks Mike. That's really what I was looking for. I have a T-Cat with 83 gram weights in the Teams primary and it bites pretty good. Just trying to see what options I have if my clutch ever develops cracks. So far, it's in good shape.

Back