• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Performance mufflers

Looks almost identical to Precision’s muffler, I would bet between the hurricane trail muffler & Precisions they would be real close in power.
Thats a Hard no, I wont get into specifics but I know with 100% absolute certainty Hurricane muffler makes more power.

Looks almost identical to Precision’s muffler, I would bet between the hurricane trail muffler & Precisions they would be real close in power.

I shouldnt say hard no as the pefi muffler is a good muffler from a performance/ sound level balance and My wording makes it sound like its crap. Hurricane muffler makes more power for sure and it also has a little more volume

I shouldnt say hard no as the pefi muffler is a good muffler from a performance/ sound level balance and My wording makes it sound like its crap. Hurricane muffler makes more power for sure and it also has a little more volume
Well maybe you have me sold on trying out the hurricane muffler, if I like it I could always sell my Precision one, how’s the drone on the hurricane?

Well maybe you have me sold on trying out the hurricane muffler, if I like it I could always sell my Precision one, how’s the drone on the hurricane?
I apologize, I referenced the hurricane muffler and I meant the TD super quiet 2.5”. I know for certain that one flows better than PEFI. The hurricane muffler is what hurricane used to develop there tunes so obviously it works with those tunes. My sled didnt perform to max potential with pefi muffler on hurricane tune, slower spool and lower peak boost. Swapping mufflers cured it so with that being said it is safe to assume the hurricane muffler flows better than pefi as the tunes work as intended with it. I have one on order at dealer and will be running it with my hurricane bundle this winter. I really like the sound of it and seems to be a little quieter than the td sq muffler. Sideshow bob had mentioned in a previous post a while back it performed equally as well or a little better than the td muffler. Again I apologize for the mix up with muffler names, been a busy day!

i just mounted mine up and to me its not much louder than stock.

I ran the PEFI muffler on Hurricanes tunes last year. My buddy ran the Hurricane muffler on the same set on tunes. My sled was a 2017 Sidewinder 129. His a ZR 9000 129. The Hurricane muffler set up was faster and felt more responsive.
It was defiantly louder than the PEFI. Louder than I will tolerate.
I really want a quite exhaust at this stage of my life/riding career. I don't like listening to an exhaust all day and am over wearing ear plugs to ride.

Now you guys have me wishing I bought the hurricane or td over my precision. I bought my hurricane tune last year from thunder with the precision exhaust. I bought it at the end of the season so I haven’t had a chance to test the sled yet.

Now you guys have me wishing I bought the hurricane or td over my precision. I bought my hurricane tune last year from thunder with the precision exhaust. I bought it at the end of the season so I haven’t had a chance to test the sled yet.
This is the worst time of the season for spending money on upgrades....There not enough snow to sled, you get itchy and feel like you need more power, or need more this or that. Chances are unless you are racing every weekend and you dont want to lose to whoever your competition is, you will be happy with whatever you have and you wont think about it until the end of season or this time next year.......at least that is me in a nutshell. spend the pre season going over your maintenance list and checking it twice haha.

It flows well for being as quiet as it is and the gains from something thats better flowing wont make you crap your pants from the difference. If your looking to extract every last ounce of hp from your tune then yes there are better choices. I was down a bit of boost with it but the sled still made more power than my previous different tune with a higher claimed horesepower rating. Depending on the tune your running or your sled in general you may have no problem boosting full psi.It may have just not worked as well on my sled, that was just my experience on my sled. I will try it on the new sled this winter just to see how it does on this one. Its a really good middle of the road choice with power/noise balance.

Take some advice, just ride your sled as is, your precision muffler will be fine.

I bet you will be more then happy with that setup. The 240SS tune is a rocket and you will have the quality and lack of noise the Precision muffler offers.
I have the Hurricane SS PM tune bundle and I never selected anything over 240 all last season...its that good.
I ran the 240SS SM tune in mine late last season. Its a rocket, like I was really impressed how hard it pulls. Its crazy fast. However, this season, I am bumping to the 270SS and the Hurricane Trail Muffler. Really just looking for a little more pop out of the hole!!!

Back