• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Performance Stud Stars

Did you use blue locker on the threads when installing?
Nope, dont need to use anything. They bind well to the track when you tighten them up. They wont budge. Wait a day or 2 for soapy water to dry up and try to remove one. They come off really hard till they are free from the surface of the track.

Why use those when there are lighter and better Stud-Boy Pro-Lites out there? The plastic IMO is better with not holding the ice like regular backers and provide a paddle effect as well in certain snow conditions.

Been using the two hole Pro-Lites for years and never a problem. Just tap them 3/4 of the way thru and you're golden. Two-hole plate also proved better traction and support as well. I prefer not to use singles but I know to get the lines a guys needs to. Hers my track I just put on my sled. Had a single tear out on the outside band last year at 6200 miles so need to replace the track. Replaced it with the same setup but no quite lugs and fully clipped, which is awesome.

View attachment 171240
Looks like the double backers don’t use any nuts on the stud any problems with torquing them down as far as stripping them out? Always wondered how well those worked

Looks like the double backers don’t use any nuts on the stud any problems with torquing them down as far as stripping them out? Always wondered how well those worked

I tap them 3/4 of the way thru using a tap and drill. Studs snug right up, I dip the stud in a pail of soapy water, put them in with a cordless drill and finish tighten by hand. You can strip them if you tighten too much, but they tighten right into the rubber and down to the shoulder just like they should.

I love them, but will only use the two hole paddles, I use the Large plus size in the middle band and the narrower normal size in the outside bands. I use Fas-trac SP single polymer backers for the singles. Neither these or the Studboy Pro-Lite backers have ever failed for me.

I pretty much do what KA is doing except I apply a couple drops of professional super glue to threads in backer and stud threads instead of soapy water for lubrication and locking them so they can't loosen. I apply a couple drops of soapy water to track side of the stud head to make sure it spins nice on track while tightening. Never had failure with these backers and method. Maybe crack a couple during season, that's it.

CB performance parts shout out.. I ordered and within a few hours had tracking and shipped! Great service.. Never ordered from them but would again.. Nothing is more frustrating then ordering something and waiting days for it to ship.. NOT these guys.. Bam! its on the way

About 10 years ago, I had a local machining company make me about 250 of those (minus the lightening pockets and features). Don't remember what I paid for them but it was more than $1.95 each.

About 10 years ago, I had a local machining company make me about 250 of those (minus the lightening pockets and features). Don't remember what I paid for them but it was more than $1.95 each.
Going to give them a go, only issue I could see is these will collect some ice on them.

Anyone ever use these?

s257143745801984862_p3_i7_w640__27529.1647298428.png
Anyone ever use these?

s257143745801984862_p3_i7_w640__27529.1647298428.png
Have used these for over 6000 miles now and can’t say enough great things about them. Up here in the REAL Upstate NY (above Albany), we ride on everything you DONT want to have to ride on! Multiple road crossings, up to 3/4 mile on shoulder of road with no snow. Steel deck bridges, rocks, ledge, mud, water etc, etc. They do trap snow but I believe it aids in traction in the snow. Have 192 in and 3 pull throughs, all in the middle of track so I finally replaced track this year. I put blue loctite on them just to be safe. 1.52 INS HORNET STUDS, Hurricane 270 closed loop tune.

Have used these for over 6000 miles now and can’t say enough great things about them. Up here in the REAL Upstate NY (above Albany), we ride on everything you DONT want to have to ride on! Multiple road crossings, up to 3/4 mile on shoulder of road with no snow. Steel deck bridges, rocks, ledge, mud, water etc, etc. They do trap snow but I believe it aids in traction in the snow. Have 192 in and 3 pull throughs, all in the middle of track so I finally replaced track this year. I put blue loctite on them just to be safe. 1.52 INS HORNET STUDS, Hurricane 270 closed loop tune.
Thanks for feedback,

CB performance parts shout out.. I ordered and within a few hours had tracking and shipped! Great service.. Never ordered from them but would again.. Nothing is more frustrating then ordering something and waiting days for it to ship.. NOT these guys.. Bam! its on the way
Been using CB for years, as you found out great service. What makes it nice for us cheeseheads is he's located in N Sh!thole IL which makes shipping that much faster...lol

Been using CB for years, as you found out great service. What makes it nice for us cheeseheads is he's located in N Sh!thole IL which makes shipping that much faster...lol
Yea it’s amazing fast. Jimmy John’s style bro

So far so good but only 100 mi

Attachments

• 450022C7-886C-484D-A2D9-13159E33D13F.jpeg
    450022C7-886C-484D-A2D9-13159E33D13F.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 43

Back