• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer mods for a newbie??

jthomp

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Phazer
Hello all I'm new to the site & new to snowmobiling. My wife and I bought our first just after Christmas and to date have 3 sleds (2 Polaris). The latest one we got was an 07 Phazer. I am already familiar with the quickly wearing hyfax problem and I can see (as of now I have not yet pulled everything apart to get a good look) that there is a small fan mounted behind the radiator.

Are there any other things that are "must haves" for mods on these sleds? I don't care about performance the 82 mph I hit was enough, I have more fun riding woopdy dos than see how fast I can go.

Thanks in advance jt

Couple things I observed were the radiator looks to be hanging out there, so I thought about a Yamaha screen kit for it. I also thought a chasis stiffener kit would be good preventative maintenance as I have seen some older machines with flimsy running boards. I also plan on (unless somebody has a better idea) on swapping out to some 0* bars as I still don't have full strength in my right hand and wrist. I put about 215 trail miles on my Phazer. I'm not sure if any other info is needed so thanks in advance for your help, I'm open to suggestions.
jt

Go to a dealer and have them check to see if all the recalls were done.I would suspect they were since you have a fan already.They can look it up on computer or look at your serial number for some markings that show recalls being done.

cannondale27 said:
Go to a dealer and have them check to see if all the recalls were done.I would suspect they were since you have a fan already.They can look it up on computer or look at your serial number for some markings that show recalls being done.

Yes all updates/work needed had been performed. Found this when I took it in for initial oil change.

Better skis and carbides will add to your riding pleasure.

Have your sled lifted/supported on the front and check the balljoints and bushings for sloppiness. (can't tell when it is on the ground)

All the best,

Did you buy the sled new from the dealer? If you did the track titans up after so many miles when there new, you have to loosen it or your hyfax will wear down quicker.

prozac500 said:
Did you buy the sled new from the dealer? If you did the track titans up after so many miles when there new, you have to loosen it or your hyfax will wear down quicker.

Are you serious ??? The track loosens after breaking it in, not tighter...Well that was the case with my last 4 sleds !!!

Not bought from a dealer here either. The guys I bought it from had it as a back up sled, that's the reason for the 350 miles it had when purchased. I found the bars I want, just have to decide how much rise to get them with (10* pullback).

Back