• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer Vibration ?

Slush Monster

Expert
For those of you who got to ride the Phazer, how did you feel about the vibration at the bars? Someone posted that there was alot of vibration at the bars, enough to maybe make your hands go numb! Thats not good at all for me as I have CTD. I love my attak as there is no vibration to speak of and was looking at getting a phazer mountian lite. So, how did it feel for the rest of you guys that rode it? Thanks.

i wrote the numb post. i mean it wasnt that bad, but coming directly off the apex and nytro that have 3 and four cylinder motors. those motors are naturally much less prone to creating vibration. twins always have much more vibration.

dont expect the vibration to really be any worse or noticeable then a regular twin cylinder 2 stroke sled.

i got carpal tunnel real bad my first season riding my 03 r6 sportbike. i put around 6k mileage on it and had to stop for like 3 weeks becuz my hand got so bad from the leaning and the vibration at my hand.

I dont see how the 500 would have more vibration than the Apex or Vector.
The Phazer's engine is basically half of the Apex's engine and has smaller pistons than the Vector.
Im not trying to discredit or call you a liar, gerard, Im just curious as to why this is the case.

Octane said:
I dont see how the 500 would have more vibration than the Apex or Vector.
The Phazer's engine is basically half of the Apex's engine and has smaller pistons than the Vector.
Im not trying to discredit or call you a liar, gerard, Im just curious as to why this is the case.

The reason twins vibrate more is because there is less mass throwing around to stablize the balance.

If you swing one bucket full og water in circles you will be very off balance. If you swing one on both sides you will be more balances. If you could swing 6 buckets in a line it would distribute even more evenly.

Its actually a matter or rotating mass AND torque pulse frequency. That 4-stroke twin fires ONCE for every revolution. The 4-stroke 4's fire TWICE for every revolution. The more it fires for every revolution, the more constant the torque it.

Here is a simple explaination of instantaneous torque:

http://www.epi-eng.com/ET-PistonExcit.htm

This was also the reason the 900 Fusion's were so hard of belts, it had a lightweight crank and a twin. Each time the piston fires it creates a spike in torque, that spike creates belt slip which equals heat.

Thanks. Have any of you other guys who rode them notice anything? Hope I get a chance to demo one next year. The mountian lite could be a very handy sled for pounding around in the back woods up here. :D

all around vibration. its not as bad as i made it out to be in my post. sorry to mislead people, i just meant it was noticeable. its a kick #*$&@ sled. pick one up, u'll love it most likely.

The 2-up was very smooth. Rep stated the motor mounts had not been finalized yet. I bet they will have it smoothed out. Sweet sled and very fun. It just needs more pull for me. Next year (08) will purchase a new Phazer for the wife and if they build one with 120hp, I will buy one for myself. This sled (Phazer) rocks. I believe this is the next generation of sleds! :Rockon:

Back