• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pics of Nytro Skid plate and floatation plate installed?

Deadman

Expert
I am trying to decide on getting a Skid plate or a floatation plate for my XTX when it comes. I need to know, so I Can order my accessories with my $600 in accessory money.
Please post pics of FX Nytros with either a Skid plate or a Floatation plate installed.
Thanks

I am thinking of getting that too. It kinda looks like there is a huge gap where snow could collect though. It would be nice to see pictures of it. I dont know if those are available yet. ?

Here is my installed Skinz float plate in white. Click for full sized pictures.

Side:

Front:

Front Bottom:

Back Bottom:

The install on the plate was a breeze and the fit and finish is great. The attachment mechanism on the front doesn't last very long. Once it gets snow and ice building up under it, that aluminum strap holding it on falls victim. I fixed this by drilling another hole on the other side, keeping the rubber to protect the bumper and using two loops of safety wire, nice and tight on each side. It works perfectly.

Pics of my float. After breaking several sets of the stock brackets, I mounted up a U-Bolt which hasn't failed me. I've collected quite the load of heavy PacNW Cascade Concrete on this sucker too.

skinzplatefrontfix.jpg

skinzplatefixtop.jpg

skinzplatefixsideL.jpg

I've been in touch with the Skinz guys, new plate has a different mounting system to solve the front breakage and it has a interesting hole in it to prevent snow build up. I got a couple pics, but I'm not sure if I can share. Once I get the green light I'll post up.

Check out our custom plate, I some how lost the belly pan in the mountains so we made this up out of crazy carpet, I now have a yamaha factory skid plate on it works well but the mounting brackets it came with suck so I bought some stuff at the hardware store and mounted that way.

Attachments

• n709915063_611476_7628.jpg
    n709915063_611476_7628.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 359
sd5500 said:
Just wondering why you guys didn't buy the yamaha one?

At the time the Yamaha Float plate wasn't available, just a narrow skid plate that didn't look to add a lot of floatation. I wanted it white as well. If I'm not mistaken, according to their site, their new Floatation plate requires a different bumper.

bagadonitz said:
sd5500 said:
Just wondering why you guys didn't buy the yamaha one?

At the time the Yamaha Float plate wasn't available, just a narrow skid plate that didn't look to add a lot of floatation. I wanted it white as well. If I'm not mistaken, according to their site, their new Floatation plate requires a different bumper.
Oh I see, my mistake. The yamaha "skid plate" is more for protection, and the "flotation plate" is more for deep snow?

TIMOTHY said:
bagadonitz, I found the site, http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/prod ... cts_id=337 it says they only have red black and blue. Is this where you got your white one and do you happen to know if it will work with a-arm protectors. It didnt seem to muntion it on the site.

That is the one I got. I requested it in white and they were able to do it in white.

I'm not sure if the a arm protectors will fit with it.

It offers a lot of protection in my opinion along with added flotation.

Check it, couple Prototypes of new Skinz Plates:

DSC01590.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

Center hole design is to help elevate snow build up, works best when working trails between off-trail to give the snow some time to filter out.

What do you guys think?

Back