• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pics of Nytro Skid plate and floatation plate installed?

tomMTX said:
Check it, couple Prototypes of new Skinz Plates:

DSC01590.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

Center hole design is to help elevate snow build up, works best when working trails between off-trail to give the snow some time to filter out.

What do you guys think?

I'm diggin' it. I am def. going to be ditching my Yamaha skid plate for this floatation plate come this fall.

SWEET! Skinz also said they are making a trunk bag for the XTX! :)
Looks like I'll be making a nice big order for both in fall! This plate is awesome, now to decide on COLOR! :)
Thanks for the pics!

Last year I bought an '09 XTX and had the flotation plate and sport bumper installed new. Luckily my first ride was in about 3 feet of new powder so I could try it out. The sled floated great, but snow built up between the plate and the warm sled, froze into large ice chunks, and broke the straps that held the float plate in place. Obviously I removed this after only 1 ride, but loved the way it made the sled handle in the powder. Has anyone else experienced this, and come up with any solutions?

new Skinz float plate

any news on that new float plate pictured here, with the hole in the center?

Is available from your favorite SKINZ dealer, comes with a template to cut out the hole if you'd like. If you are looking for a great online retailer, I'd suggest ordering up from Sled Solutions, those guys have great service.
http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/prod ... cts_id=337

Personally I'd hate to punch a stump through that hole so I'd do without, but it kinda depends on what temps you usually ride in. Iffin' you're always in temps under from 20 degrees and under I think icing would be a problem thus the hole might be warranted.

Back