• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

pilot ski on my nytro[not sure if i like them]

bluegrass

Extreme
so I put a new set of 5.7 pilot on my nytro I used a slydog rubber and put a 6'' on the inside and a 4'' on the out side took it for a ride and this thing jumps and darts all over so I took it home and looked it over and the only thing that I see that catches my eye is both skis look like they are rolled up is this a normal thing

I feel your frustration. I put tuner skis on and have been fighting a twitchy front end. I guess this sled is more of a project than a hobby.

Maybe pilot skis are the answer.......if attached to an MXZ!

On my iPhone avatars are small and at a glance I thought yours was a dude with no pants. I was afraid to zoom in for a second and thought WTF? Lmao :rofl:

toyota4runner said:
On my iPhone avatars are small and at a glance I thought yours was a dude with no pants. I was afraid to zoom in for a second and thought WTF? Lmao :rofl:
I thought the same thing!!! Haha. The nytro is a finicky little brat and now you will have to adjust everything to the skis now. Its just the way it is. Just think about how smart you will be on understanding chassis adjustments when your done with a nytro.

Blue Hornet said:
toyota4runner said:
I thought the same thing!!! Haha. The nytro is a finicky little brat and now you will have to adjust everything to the skis now. Its just the way it is. Just think about how smart you will be on understanding chassis adjustments when your done with a nytro.

I'll let her know you guys think she looks like a dude :ot:

You never know because SmokeXTX keeps bringing up MXZ, MXZ. lol Just post a bigger picture of her because the avatar doesn't do her justice....

I used stock Doo rubbers and then cut them to make them fit the spindle. Not sure the part #'s on the Doo rubbers but I remember that they had slots in the bottom of them to fit the pilot ski. While I find they push a little in lose snow I have next to no darting with 6 inch shapers inside, and 4 inch woody's on the outside.

canoehead said:
You never know because SmokeXTX keeps bringing up MXZ, MXZ. lol Just post a bigger picture of her because the avatar doesn't do her justice....

Sorry, just getting tired of fighting with this machine. I came from 09 mxz and went yami for the warranty and reliabilty.

As for the avatar I didn't want to offend anyone with too big of a pic. Just seems like everyone has a picture of their favorite toy...so I did the same :pics:

That would be a good topic to start. "Post a pic of you favourite Toy". I think that would be awesome if people kept it within certain boundarys. lol
The Nytro on the other hand is kinda like a blank canvas and you're the artist. I've owned mine since 09 and yes I have put some time and $ into it, but as my wife says she wouldn't want a different one because we know what we have. It's easy for her to say that because she just polishes the tunnels and cleans them! LOL But I have to agree after all said and done and tweaking, I'm very happy with my ride. Just remember you'll ride your Yammi for years with unwavering reliability and the same motor in it. Can you say the same about an MXZ?

It's a great sled underneath it all, ya just gotta figure out how ya wanna dress it up. Whether it new skis, shocks, a track, or maybe just a dress shirt and a tie with no pants, I'm sure you'll figure it out lol

toyota4runner said:
It's a great sled underneath it all, ya just gotta figure out how ya wanna dress it up. Whether it new skis, shocks, a track, or maybe just a dress shirt and a tie with no pants, I'm sure you'll figure it out lol

Absolutely!

:bling

For God sakes don't tell her we think she looks like a dude...............!

She might not pose for any more pictures then.
:worth:

one answer two words snow trackers

best thing out there. Done everything else. Spend the money and go straight. Get the semi

agressive

Split Rail skis, StarSuspension, and revalve shocks and you will love it.

Re: one answer two words snow trackers

uofm said:
best thing out there. Done everything else. Spend the money and go straight. Get the semi

agressive
Are you running these with Pilot skis?

Back